Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who Misses the days when we used to have trouble at Brighton Matches?

The Roasting

Banned
Mar 9, 2004
I do, it used to be exciting being in the old north stand shout chants like "Your gonna get your f***ing heads kicked in" the police would come out 10 minutes before time and barocade themselves in front of the stand. People would try and break through and have a go at the away fans.

Also miss pitch invasions!

Bring back the terracing days!

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
You're going to be popular!

I do by the way, though I wouldn't call it trouble, just bravado.

Dandyman

In London village.
The Roasting said:
I do, it used to be exciting being in the old north stand shout chants like "Your gonna get your f***ing heads kicked in" the police would come out 10 minutes before time and barocade themselves in front of the stand. People would try and break through and have a go at the away fans.

Also miss pitch invasions!

Bring back the terracing days!

It has to be said that as a teenager I did find the mid to late 70's were quite exciting. We do all grow up at some tho'...:D

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well I don't. We'd not even be remotely close to Falmer if those days were repeated.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
That's exactly why the terraces will NEVER come back. They're a throwback to the days when violence at football was commonplace and it was the done thing to attack the opposition fans. Maybe that was what the Cheaterfield fan had in mind when he referred to a 'lack of soul' at Brighton. If so, then I'm glad we're soulless - at least I can take my kids to the game without wondering if we'll make it back home without having to divert to the hospital.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I remember the Spurs match at The Goldstone in 1978, I was only 7 years old and couldn't understand why all these people were fighting.
My dad didn't take me again untill a couple of years later.

The next time I saw aggro was Chelsea at the Goldstone in 1984, very scary scenes!!

Next the one that sticks out in my mind was Southampton in the FA cup 1985 I witnessed some horrific violence before and after the game.

Speaking to a friend of a friend recently he used to be involved in all that and he said Brighton were a tough bunch of fans in the 70's and early 80's and there was always trouble down West Street, Brighton station, Hove Station, Hove Park etc with fans slugging it out all the time.

At least now football is safer place to go, and the thugs seem to just fight with each other without innocent people getting attacked. Unless you go to Cardiff.

Still, football has no place for these nutters, it is about time they all grew up!!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yeah...bring it on.

Twatting West ham fans in the South Stand after they had made their way around the ground!!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Seriously though, I abhor any football related violence which has no part in our society and should be outlawed.:angel: :angel: :angel:

Nov 3, 2003
Terraces wont erradicate all trouble at football grounds e.g. Millwall at the playoffs with Albion and the bonfires they started in their own seated section upon final whistle. Also we still have troiubkle at Brighton matches some would say, getting tickets, finding the money to pay for the overpriced tickets and trouble watching a decent standard of game!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
FG aka Football Genius. said:
Also we still have troiubkle at Brighton matches some would say, getting tickets, finding the money to pay for the overpriced tickets and trouble watching a decent standard of game!

Not to mention being deafened by the continual whining of a handful of so called supporters .......

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
I'm as against hooliganism as is humanly possible, but I have to admit as a kid in the south west stand terracing bit I used to love seeing all the trouble in the north stand, police piling in and dragging a few people out, the extra bite to the songs and chants, and once seeing people hiding in the trees in the park on our way home waiting to ambush some bunch of away fans. My dad is always telling the story of when he went to Milwall and saw their fans setting fire to some policemen's helmets they had got hold of.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
so there absolutley NO CHANCE of geeing just one stand of terracing back at grounds then?
:nono: :nono:

i think it takes a lot of the atmopshere away.

And theres nothing better than the surge forward on the terraces when we score - like the mini one we did at chesterfield!!!

WE WANT the terraces back, we want the terraces back!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
It was never really trouble except in extreme cases. More like 'if there wasn't three huge fences with barbed wire on top and 25 coppers between us I'd do you'.

I remember one group of lads who I always assumed were quite tough in the North Stand every week. After a cup game against Scunthorpe in Goldstone Lane they were getting set upon. Three ran for miles and the other one started to cry! As I said earlier it was all bravado and it was superb.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Brighton till i die said:
so there absolutley NO CHANCE of geeing just one stand of terracing back at grounds then?
:nono: :nono:

i think it takes a lot of the atmopshere away.

And theres nothing better than the surge forward on the terraces when we score - like the mini one we did at chesterfield!!!

WE WANT the terraces back, we want the terraces back!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
totally agree here, some people want to stand up at games and make noise , that is why withdean has such crap attmosphere , becuase old gits/stewards tell us to sit down!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Curious how some mindless wannabee hooligan post from a twat manages to evolve into amore sensible debate about terracing,

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
The Wookiee said:
I remember the Spurs match at The Goldstone in 1978, I was only 7 years old and couldn't understand why all these people were fighting.
My dad didn't take me again untill a couple of years later.

The next time I saw aggro was Chelsea at the Goldstone in 1984, very scary scenes!!

Next the one that sticks out in my mind was Southampton in the FA cup 1985 I witnessed some horrific violence before and after the game.

Speaking to a friend of a friend recently he used to be involved in all that and he said Brighton were a tough bunch of fans in the 70's and early 80's and there was always trouble down West Street, Brighton station, Hove Station, Hove Park etc with fans slugging it out all the time.

At least now football is safer place to go, and the thugs seem to just fight with each other without innocent people getting attacked. Unless you go to Cardiff.

Still, football has no place for these nutters, it is about time they all grew up!!!

Worst agro I ever saw was when we were playing Sheff Wed and about 40 Wednesday kicked everyone in sight including a 10/12 year old boy while his dad tried to pull them off ....

Must admit I stopped going for the rest of the season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here