Who is the worst type of Tory?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the worst type of Tory?

• Upper Class Tory Toff - Does what is says on the tin doesn't it?

Votes: 21 8.9%
  • Middle England Tory - You know the type, 'I'm not racist/homophobic but......'

Votes: 57 24.2%
  • One Nation Tory - They're the caring ones allegedly.

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Black/Asian Tory - WTF?

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Working class Tory - Put a brass knocker on his right-to-buy council house and turned his back

Votes: 50 21.2%
  • Other, please specify.

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • All of the above

Votes: 92 39.0%

• Total voters

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Completely off topic but his mess of a brother wasn’t endearing himself to the populous of B & H on Saturday, interfering with those people getting vaccine’s and pedalling fake news to anyone who would listen, absolute back to front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Appreciate off topic just trying to add a little humour
Last time I voted Labour was for Blair. Happy to do so again but instead of always listening to criticism would like to know what they would do . Billions of £s of debt has to be paid back and could well come down to who public think will handle this the best

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Last time I voted Labour was for Blair. Happy to do so again but instead of always listening to criticism would like to know what they would do . Billions of £s of debt has to be paid back and could well come down to who public think will handle this the best

There was billions of pounds of debt, mostly Tory generated, before the pandemic, they still fooled people into voting for them.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

I wasn’t suggesting you were going off topic, I was advising I was with the story about Corbyn’s stupid brother [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know this is an old poll and attitudes have changed, but re-reading the options the one I think is actually offensive is 'Black/Asian'. Why shouldn't black or Asian people vote Tory? Capitalists and entrepreneurs don't have to be white, and successful business people have often tended to vote Tory. In modern Britain a large number of successful business people are non-white, so it follows that the Tory party will have non-white voters and indeed members. And witness the relatively (in historical terms) high number of people of Asian heritage who hold senior government posts - including two of the four great Offices of State. It is, frankly, an area where they (the Tories) put us (Labour) to shame.

It smacks a little bit of 'white saviour': "Oh you people of color you shouldn't vote Tory, they don't represent your sort."

It’s a very fair question, and I understand your point. For me, I guess it’s the racism of the party which I find difficult to reconcile. Why would a black person vote for a PM who describes them as Pickaninnies? Or has fanned the flames of racism. Or Asians voting for someone who refers to muslim females as letterboxes.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Labour should have walked the last election but made themselves unelectable by having Corbyn and his mates in charge. If all the hanger ons hadn't have kept him in power things could be different

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Labour should have walked the last election but made themselves unelectable by having Corbyn and his mates in charge. If all the hanger ons hadn't have kept him in power things could be different

I don't blame labour, I blame the electorate. We could have had a hung parliament, where one or other of the terrible choices was forced to form a coalition, it would have lasted 5 minutes. We would quickly have got rid of both Corbyn and Johnson and had fresh elections. People have to get smarter at this stuff.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
There was billions of pounds of debt, mostly Tory generated, before the pandemic, they still fooled people into voting for them.

Just terrible how they generated that debt trying to help people and businesses through Covid

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Where is the poll for the worst type of Labourite?

They are all rubbish and the country really needs a coalition of at least 3 parties who actually want the best for the country rather than for their own party.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It’s a very fair question, and I understand your point. For me, I guess it’s the racism of the party which I find difficult to reconcile. Why would a black person vote for a PM who describes them as Pickaninnies? Or has fanned the flames of racism. Or Asians voting for someone who refers to muslim females as letterboxes.

And those are just a few of the insults that we know about! Not being a black/Asian Tory voter myself I can't really answer, I guess they just try and rise above the puerile name-calling and vote for the party they feel, however wrongly, will best serve their needs and aspirations. Obviously the lower down the social scale you go the more weird it becomes - but that applies to white people as well.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I don't blame labour, I blame the electorate. We could have had a hung parliament, where one or other of the terrible choices was forced to form a coalition, it would have lasted 5 minutes. We would quickly have got rid of both Corbyn and Johnson and had fresh elections. People have to get smarter at this stuff.

blaming the electorate for not liking what was presented, rather than Labour for what they presented, is a very peculiar argument. or perhaps this is the answer the thread, the worst type is simply the Tory voter, they're all wrong and responsible for everything.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
blaming the electorate for not liking what was presented, rather than Labour for what they presented, is a very peculiar argument. or perhaps this is the answer the thread, the worst type is simply the Tory voter, they're all wrong and responsible for everything.

It maybe a peculiar argument but it was not the argument I was making. More like the worst type of Tory is a tribal Tory and the worst type of Labour voter is a tribal labour voter. Corbyn's many failings and I am glad we are shot of him, do not excuse the pitiful excuse for a politician we have elevated to our national leader. Never has one so unworthy been Prime Minister.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

To be fare, I’m a little shocked that that option was added...on the other hand, we have a Moderator on another thread calling a female Home Secretary, who has Ugandan parents an “Uncle Tom”. what a time to be alive.
In answer to your question...
Tony Blair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Laughable.

Nothing to do with being unelectable then....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be fare, I’m a little shocked that that option was added...on the other hand, we have a Moderator on another thread calling a female Home Secretary, who has Ugandan parents an “Uncle Tom”. what a time to be alive.

I’d call her a cowardly bully…..with a comedically huge arse. But each to their own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports