Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the quickest player to ever wear the Blue & White stripes?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Shout out for Clive Walker, but only did it once a match as then he was knackered.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Junior Mcdougald

Mark Gall was a rapid little player back in the day.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Franco Massimo. Played about 10 minutes in the 80's - was a 100m sprint champion, but not much of a footballer sadly.

He was a decent footballer but suffered a career ending injury at a very young age.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
This is correct - former British sprinter if I remember correctly.

Yes that was my thinking too, at the time we were gobsmacked at his speed, was like nothing I'd ever seen and was always topic of conversation regarding no end product!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Another vote for Frankie Howard. If us kids weren't hanging onto the fence in the Chicken Run as he ran past, we would get blown over. That was why it was replaced with a wall. (Probably)

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
For all his flaws Richard Tiltman was very fast!

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Definitely Dave Armstrong. Could roast defenders after giving them a huge start. Unfortunately by the time he reached the ball he lost all memory of what to do with it

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Dave Armstrong for me - if he'd learned how to cross, he'd have been some talent

gen

Banned
Aug 23, 2015
Wlson's tackle has already mentioned someone who I was going to suggest, Gerry Fell. From memory his method of running past opposing players was not to deftly dribble past them with the ball at his feet, but rather, as if in full awareness of the limitations of his footballing skills, he would simply hoof the ball about 15 yards past them and then swiftly sprint past the opposing player in a rather ungainly fashion, leaving them in his wake as he ran to catch up with the ball, whereupon, as Mr Tackle pointed out, he would let fly the ball into the stands. Nevertheless I never tired of watching this rather endearing tactic and always found it a joy to watch and it has remained ingrained in my memory ever since.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Will Buckley, Gotsmanov, and David Armstrong for me.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It would be Kaz for me, at least over the first 5 yards.
The fastest player I think I have ever seen us up against was Dalian Atkinson for Ipswich, many years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here