Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the most lightweight player in Albion's history?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Nominations please and then I'll start a poll.

I'll put forward:
Paul Brooker
Tex
David Lopez
Dean Wilkins

No way does Wendy deserve to be in your list. Half of this seasons squad easily get into the Albion all time top 10 of wimps and make Deano's natural aggression on par with a T-Rex by comparison! And he could score goals, Bend it like Wilkins got as far as mood-boards in the 90s don't you know? :)

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Surely Gavin Geddes?
Wendell_Borton.JPG

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
Mick Ferguson ... is my stock answer to hapless Albion players of a bygone era. However, I strongly believe the cretinous, bearded buffoon qualifies here too. :)

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Stuart Jones - the most lightweight keeper ever in a Brighton jersey. Remember him getting bundled into his own net for Grimsby's second goal in 2004.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mick Ferguson ... is my stock answer to hapless Albion players of a bygone era. However, I strongly believe the cretinous, bearded buffoon qualifies here too. :)

I wondered about including him too. He's only the vaguest of early footballing memories for me, but I do remember him being thought of as a massive waste of space who didn't actually achieve anything. Pretty sure my Dad wasn't a fan of his.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I wondered about including him too. He's only the vaguest of early footballing memories for me, but I do remember him being thought of as a massive waste of space who didn't actually achieve anything. Pretty sure my Dad wasn't a fan of his.

Fergusson was the laziest, immobile, feeble lightweight ever for a traditional centre forward. His turn of pace made O'Grady look like Usain Bolt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here