Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the most intellectual Brighton player?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Which Brighton player down the years has the most grey matter?

Garry Nelson... published author?
Mark Lawrenson...TV pundit?

...err...?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Sadly, it wouldn't be Steve Palmer, although he was born in Brighton. Some of my school friends knew him. He went to Cambridge University, and got a degree in software engineering. Used to play for Ipswich in the 1990s.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Paul Reid? I am sure he is a trained radiographer - I'm not entirely sure if one has to be intellectual to do that.

Paul Reid the Aussie? Swear he had a law degree?

We recently had a player with a law degree anyway, think it was him!

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Of the current lot, I've always thought Elliott Bennett comes across as quite intelligent.

Eloquent, certainly. Indeed very different to Tommy Elphick who he usually seems to be paired with for interviews!

Can I nominate good ol' Nicky Forster too? Always spoke very well.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Paul Reid the Aussie? Swear he had a law degree?

We recently had a player with a law degree anyway, think it was him!

Maheta Molango, of course. He was a lawman.

Having obtained a LL.B and B.A. Political Science from Charles III University of Madrid, he joined the employment law department of the Madrid office of Baker & McKenzie in April 2007.[21] In January 2008 he moved to the United States to study for the LL.M program in International Legal Studies at the American University Washington College of Law graduating in 2009 whilst also being the recipient of the college's Rubin Scholarship.[21] Returning to Madrid and Baker & McKenzie, he played part-time football in the 2009-2010 season for FC Villanueva del Pardillo in group one of the Divisiones Regionales de Fútbol in the Community of Madrid before moving on to join their divisional counterparts AD Unión Adarve Barrio del Pilar for the 2010-2011 season.

This is probably a thread for The History Man.

Last edited:

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Maheta Molango, of course. He was a lawman.

Having obtained a LL.B and B.A. Political Science from Charles III University of Madrid, he joined the employment law department of the Madrid office of Baker & McKenzie in April 2007.[21] In January 2008 he moved to the United States to study for the LL.M program in International Legal Studies at the American University Washington College of Law graduating in 2009 whilst also being the recipient of the college's Rubin Scholarship.[21] Returning to Madrid and Baker & McKenzie, he played part-time football in the 2009-2010 season for FC Villanueva del Pardillo in group one of the Divisiones Regionales de Fútbol in the Community of Madrid before moving on to join their divisional counterparts AD Unión Adarve Barrio del Pilar for the 2010-2011 season.

This is probably a thread for The History Man.

He needed a career to fall back on. He was no footballer! :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not a player but Steve Coppell has an economics degree from Liverpool I think.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Gerry Fell was an accountant.
He could have been usefull during the last few Goldstone years.

I reckon this guy, with his fluency in a foreign language, rates high up the list.

[yt]p7NeWtmEhs8[/yt]

I particularly enjoyed his explanation of the Albion's position in the English league pyramid, at 1:37 ... "es complicado".

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Wasn't Giles Stille (who scored against Liverpool once, I believe) a history student at London University?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yes, Giles Stille studied social history at London University. Just looked it up in Tim Carder's book.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here