Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Who Is The Biggest Fictional Character?

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Cthulhu

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't be a silly person. It is obviously offensive to many people. It comes from the same place as racism, anti-semitism, homophobia, xenophobia and all the other bigotry we are trying to put a stop to. Sure, you can believe what you want but you also can't be so stupid as to think it isn't an offensive comment to people who believe differently to you.
I'm not religious and I say quite opinionated things on here against the claims of religion. It's not my intention to offend you or others, but then I presume it's also not the intention of religious people to offend me when they tell me their beliefs.

On the way to our game against Bournemouth there was a chap at Falmer Station holding out a sign saying 'God is Love'. I didn't call him out and tell him not to be offensive to those of us who disagree. He's free to state his opinion, as am I to state mine. Criticising the bible etc is nothing like racism, homophobia etc, and obviously doesn't come from the same place.

Although I hold this opinion, I won't be holding a sign up outside the ground, and I won't go around people's houses telling them that god doesn't exist, and I don't think others will be either. But some religious people (a minority to be fair) will be knocking on doors telling people that god exists and we're going to hell for not believing. That's a lot more offensive than posting on a forum that we believe it's a load of nonsense.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Don't be a silly person. It is obviously offensive to many people. It comes from the same place as racism, anti-semitism, homophobia, xenophobia and all the other bigotry we are trying to put a stop to. Sure, you can believe what you want but you also can't be so stupid as to think it isn't an offensive comment to people who believe differently to you. And, as has been stated, many historians would disagree with you. So why not try again and pick someone truly fictional and who won't be offensive to other posters on here?

I don't know much about modern labour/antisemitism row, but within the Labour Party I read somewhere it goes right back to the 1920's/30's when the Jews were perceived as being extremely selfish and greedy not only for their own gain but at the expense of others, which didn't go down so well with the party. I can understand why. Racism, homophobia and xenophobia are all spawned by propaganda and teaching, no one is born with any of those ideas or afflictions, they are sewn in by parents and other people.

Religion is based on the 3 F's Fiction Falsehoods and Fear. So to my mind has absolutely more in common with RH & X No one is born with any religion in their head. It is learned. most people want to believe something that gives them a sense of belonging and or well being . . .from there people get manipulated.

God is clearly a fictional character.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Don't be a silly person. It is obviously offensive to many people. It comes from the same place as racism, anti-semitism, homophobia, xenophobia and all the other bigotry we are trying to put a stop to. Sure, you can believe what you want but you also can't be so stupid as to think it isn't an offensive comment to people who believe differently to you. And, as has been stated, many historians would disagree with you. So why not try again and pick someone truly fictional and who won't be offensive to other posters on here?

You are being an offended twit, but try this one instead, God. Go on, be offended, dare you..........

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Religion is based on the 3 F's Fiction Falsehoods and Fear. So to my mind has absolutely more in common with RH & X No .

Middle aged white man alert!

Please learn and retain these terms or risk being labelled as ‘gammon’.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Nope, I put forward His alter ego Jesus. Even if big J was a real person it is fairly clear to me the rest of the story is pure fiction.

I dunno. That one when he jumped out of the exploding helicopter to save those nuns was quite convincing.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Middle aged white man alert!

Please learn and retain these terms or risk being labelled as ‘gammon’.

Or risk being labelled a 'snowflake' for being being overly sensitive about the possibility of being labelled a 'gammon' :lolol:

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
In a vain attempt to bring the thread back on track, the 'Biggest' fictional character could be Mr Big (Dr Kananga) from Live And Let Die.

The clue's in the name.

Mr Big.jpg

He always did have an inflated opinion of himself.

inflated.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Or risk being labelled a 'snowflake' for being being overly sensitive about the possibility of being labelled a 'gammon' :lolol:

*cough* broflake *cough* :whistle::wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm not religious and I say quite opinionated things on here against the claims of religion. It's not my intention to offend you or others, but then I presume it's also not the intention of religious people to offend me when they tell me their beliefs.

On the way to our game against Bournemouth there was a chap at Falmer Station holding out a sign saying 'God is Love'. I didn't call him out and tell him not to be offensive to those of us who disagree. He's free to state his opinion, as am I to state mine. Criticising the bible etc is nothing like racism, homophobia etc, and obviously doesn't come from the same place.

Although I hold this opinion, I won't be holding a sign up outside the ground, and I won't go around people's houses telling them that god doesn't exist, and I don't think others will be either. But some religious people (a minority to be fair) will be knocking on doors telling people that god exists and we're going to hell for not believing. That's a lot more offensive than posting on a forum that we believe it's a load of nonsense.

From start to finish, a complete load of......this.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Are you suggesting religion is factual, or just labelling me incorrectly?

Although guilty on the middle aged white bit!

Just saying how easily a diversion from the ‘oh so trendy, right on view’ can appear to make one seem old and boring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here