Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is the BEST player in the division at the moment?

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Outside of our own players, I'd say Snodgrass at Leeds is certainly top-flight class when he's playing well. Which seems to be all the time. Given the players Leeds have lost lately, I can't quite see why he's still there.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Liam Bridcutt. He may not get the headlines but i doubt there is a better player in the league

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I doubt anyone would be willing to meet our valuation of him in all honesty. He is integeral to our side and Cortese knows that! Chamberlain went for £15million, I expect Cortese would want a similar fee for Lallana's services. It's great being in a position where you don't need to sell players for the club to survive. The situation of both our clubs have changed so so much in the last 5 years!!!

Is it the Walcott effect? I was just wondering why your talented players attract such high valuations compared to our. Take Oxo-Chamberlain versus Bennett. Was O-C that much better than Elliott?

If we continue to do well in this league, I'd be interested to see what the likes if; CMS, Hoskins, Noone, Dunk and Buckley are valued at.

BTW - I'd go for Lallana as the best player - he looks so comfortable on the ball.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Is it the Walcott effect? I was just wondering why your talented players attract such high valuations compared to our. Take Oxo-Chamberlain versus Bennett. Was O-C that much better than Elliott?

If we continue to do well in this league, I'd be interested to see what the likes if; CMS, Hoskins, Noone, Dunk and Buckley are valued at.

BTW - I'd go for Lallana as the best player - he looks so comfortable on the ball.

Chamberlain was much younger and already arguably better then Bennett.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Just think lallana would have been a Brighton loan player a few years ago under Wendy if had dick knight had not blocked it!!

5 year contract at saints will be a hefty price should someone come in for him....although he very nearly went to Chelsea a couple if years ago. I wouldnt get too cocky if I was a saints fan he wants to play in the premier sooner rather than later with a big club.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

Surely it's more a "Southampton Academy" effect than a Walcott one? Their academy is very well renowned, and for good reason..

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest

Surely it's more a "Southampton Academy" effect than a Walcott one? Their academy is very well renowned, and for good reason..

Like he said, Walcott isn't anywhere near the best product from our academy. The list of talent churned out by our youth system is staggering and up there with the best.

John Sydenham
Martin Chivers
Mick Channon
Steve Williams
Wallace Bro's
Shearer
Le Tissier

Are probably the most notable. Then players like Kevin Phillips, Dennis Wise and Mike Williamson were all released by us as they the management didn't see them worthy of proffesional contracts.

There are also loads of players that were part of our youth team dotted around league football with several in the premier league and championship.

Walcott is probably recognisable because he was the most expensive 16 year old in the world, but he is far from the best player to come out of our academy.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Vicente Rodriguez. Not many in this league have that many international caps, have played in a champions league final and have won La Liga - twice.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Who are we kidding, its Glenn Murray isn't it.

:jester:

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Kevin Nolan smashed it last time he was playing at this level so i expect him to do the same at wet sham.

Honourable mention to Adam Lallana he should be playing in the prem he's that good.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Nnnnooooonnneeeyyyy !!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here