Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is the best exponent of the ‘dark arts’ at the Albion?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Shamelessly stealing this from The Athletic where Andy Naylor nominated Alexis Mac Allister.

Maybe he is, but I need to be convinced as Andy's reasoning doesn't really do it for me as it focuses on Mac Allister's propensity for picking up yellow cards despite being a smiley happy chappy.

For me, a master of the dark arts of football gets away with stuff more often than not, and doesn't just go around fouling and picking up yellows.

So, tell me - who is your Albion master of the dark arts?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I read the thread title - I thought of Joel. He's such an experienced defender, he seems to know every trick in the book. £900,000? How the hell did nobody else snap him up? There isn't a defence in the division in which he wouldn't be useful.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Another Veltz vote here.

Truly mastered the chopping down and innocent hands up 'not done anything' move afterwards.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Yeah, another vote for Veltman. Other than that we seem distinctly lacking in the ‘dark arts’.

I thought Mitoma might have had the mentality to go there a few times - when he sat on his butt waving an imaginary red card after the rugby tackle from Semedo and on occasion it‘s looked to me like he‘s gone down too easily for a pen rather than putting in a cross or working through a tackle but in retrospect that’s been more frustration than devious play - unfortunately he doesn’t have Veltman’s mastery of shithousery nor the ability to make it all look so innocent.

No one does.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Thought Veltman instantly then was quite surprised so many agreed. Thought I would have to argue the case more.

And A.N. picking our ‘most well known by big 6/7 fans’ player isn’t too much of a surprise. Which end will he be sat in at Stoke I wonder (yes I’m aware is a press section).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here