Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is Steve Gritt?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Just got in from the game....

I shit you not this conversation happened in the East Stand Block F just behind me.

I have never seen either man A or Man B before so I think a STH sold his ticket.

At half time there will be an interview with Steve Gritt is announced.

Man A ..whos he?
Man B..... dunno

Man A.............. im going for a piss
Man A returns.

Man A .....so who was he?

Man B.......some guy who scored a goal against Hereford in a cup game!!!!!

FFS......i was about to turn round and tell them but I thought better off it,, I will just let them wallow in their stupidity...

SECOND HALF PENALTY TIME....

There were people in the East shouting at others to SIT DOWN while the Pen was being taken......!!!!!!!!!! FFS WHO LETS THESE MUPPETS IN A FOOTBALL GROUND?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bit harsh? It was 15 years ago. Not every single person in the stadium is going to be a die hard blue and white bleeding Albion fan.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
:lolol: Someone in front of me asked why he was being so loudly applauded, "we were shit that season, weren't we?"

I understand your outrage, but there's a lot of history people just don't know. Not knowing who Steve Gritt is though. :facepalm: That's unfortunate for them.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
No its not harsh, this was a major moment for the existence of our club. I would of just explained to them who he was.

face_palm.gif

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
And still, no one has answered who he is exactly. Is he friends with Todd Carty?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
steve gritt steve gritt stevie stevie gritt his got no hair but we dont care stevie stevie gritt

In that case, he must have been an early prototype of Russell Slade.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
That happened in the 1901 west stand as well...punter back from lounge just after Stevie was introduced asked a steward who he was...Steward said,"That's Steve Gritt"!....Oh! who's he?....Steward shrugs and walks away,knowing who Steve was but too ar*ed to answer stupid questions...the punter must have been about 50...if he'd been a youngster I could've forgiven him....ps. I'm 1901 too.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You should have politely explained.

I had a similar incident at half time when queueing for a beverage, when a gentleman said the pies weren't very good. I explained to him, that no matter how many he had tried, he'd been unlucky, and that the pies were great. Midway through the second half, he admitted he'd made a mistake, and we returned to our seats.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i guess the moral of the story is we are picking up new supporters from all age groups......cant be a bad thing can it?

ive introduced 2 new fans to the albion this season,father and son, who are now hooked and desperate for season tickets, neither of who i suspect know anything about steve gritt,in my book every single new fan is welcome whatever the age,but in the same breath have a quick look at our history chaps,you might just appreciate the club even more......it really does make a cracking story!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
At least they are asking though. Surely we can forgive people not knowing?

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
Why are we knocking new supporters. Surely it's a good thing. We all have to start somewhere. The 'history' comes with time. Should an entrance exam be set before anyone can go?

D

Deleted User X18H

Why are we knocking new supporters. Surely it's a good thing. We all have to start somewhere. The 'history' comes with time. Should an entrance exam be set before anyone can go?

Oh yes. Can you imagine the squealing and tweeting on results day outside the stadium. The Amex A'level. Gives me an idea.......

I had thought you'd have learnt to spell 'believes' since you ruined your best sheet.

yeah I couldn't spell Gritt or Bellotti at the time either, but it was two o'clock in the morning and I was keeping an eye out for old bill, very suspicious walking down OSR at that time of the morning carrying 5 litres of Dulux (on reflection, yes I should have used Sandtex)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here