Goldson
Bong
Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
Murphy
Baldock
Hemed

I feel really harsh about leaving Bruno out, but I think Rosenior just edges it. And despite Dunk's mistakes this season, I've picked him over Greer.
Think I'd go with that. But at the end of the day I'm sticking with our best XI is the XI that CH picks!

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Stockdale

Rosenior (hardest choice, just pipping Bruno)
Greer (as captain, just gets in for his leadership + experience)
Dunk
Bong

Knocheart
Kayal
Stephens
Murphy

Wilson (we're yet to see his best IMO)
Hamed

With a very strong bench. You could even push Rosenior to midfield and play Bruno if playing a tough away match.

We haven't seen anything of Wilson yet, he's playing at 10 % of his true ability. He will score some very important goals for us over the next two months.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It's not just about the eleven best players but also about blend and partnerships. Bong and LuaLua was a fantastic combination down the left and it could be suggested that Bong was behind Kaz's early-season form. Equally, Baldock seems to be the best partnet for Hemed as he does his running for him. I think Wilson and Zamora could be a better partnership of the same type, but these things can take time to gel and fitness is an issue there.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No Knockaert?! ???

As someone said, it is about blends and my team is about playing the better opposition. It was Knockaert or Murphy, and Murphy is included on current form. I also think Murphy plays a better midfield role when needed. If we want inverted wingers, I think Knockaert and Murphy together may work better? Again Rosenoir is a better midfielder than Knockaert. Not fussed really.

I've put the right foofted Jamie Murphy so we have one inverted winger and a conventional winger in Rosenoir. I very much depends on Bong being fit though.

It also hangs on block defending with two blocks of four. I don't like the 4-1-4-1.

Conventional wisdom puts Wilson or Knockaert instead of Lualua as second striker. In this case I would play Lualua wide as he usually does. But his excellent goals this season have come when he plays more centrally. My surmise is if Lualua concentrates on creating chances instead of tracking back we would get a better result from him.

Zamora and Greer are thought as not being match fit nowadays, not for the really difficult games ahead. Unsure about Sidwell?

It still leaves a slight set piece problem though with Stephens and Knockaert better at taking corners than the others.

Subs: Mäenpää, Hünemeier, Crofts, Knockaert, Zamora, Wilson, Greer.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I believe that Lua Lua is only effective for 20-25 mins of a game either at the start or end
At the start of the season he clearly proved that's not the case.

theboybilly

If everybody was fit...

GK. Stockdale (Maenpaa)
RB. Bruno (Calderon)
LB. Bong (Rosenior)
CB. Dunk (Uwe)
CB. Goldson (Greer)
RM. Knockaert (March)
LM. Murphy (Lualua)
CM. Kayal (Sidwell)
CM. Stephens (Crofts)
CF. Hemed (Zamora)
CF. Baldock (Wilson)

Jesus - that (reserve) team is a perfectly reasonable Championship side, and that still leaves, Ankergren, Walton, Ince, Towell, Forster-Caskey, Skalak and Holla![/

The only change I would make is Skalak for Lua Lua and I would like to see a better alternative to Stephens than Crofts who I think is now past Championship standard, except to kill a game off for he last 10 mins with negative football.and ball retention.

I agree....JFC before Crofts now. And I like Crofts

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Stockdale

Bruno
Greer
Hünemeier
Bong

Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
LuaLua

Baldock
Hemed

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Stockdale
Bruno Dunk Goldson Bong
Rosenoir Stephens Kayal Murphy (March if fit)
Lua Lua
Hemed​

Definities (against almost all opposition) in bold. Lualua is no goood unless he is on from the start.

Controversial.

Bl**dy glad it's CH that picks the team!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Stockdale
Bruno Dunk Goldson Bong
Rosenoir Stephens Kayal Murphy (March if fit)
Lua Lua
Hemed​

Definities (against almost all opposition) in bold. Lualua is no goood unless he is on from the start.

Stockdale not in bold ??
I'd keep Knocky and Murphy when we're going for it, and Liam if we want to bolster the midfield, and would keep the Balders/Hemed partnership. It's a squad game though, so would expect CH to tinker depending on the opposition.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I think the fact that so many people would have different starting elevens, shows the quality and depth in the current squad. I have a lot of faith in Hughton and I'm sure he'll tinker with the squad depending on the opposition.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Did he, if he did I didnt notice as he was good to start with then tailed off by halftime.
He played the full 90 away to Fulham and won a penalty with great energy and speed in injury time. That was how he was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here