Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who is our best player? 08/08/22

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The answer was normally Dunk when we were first promoted. Bissouma was then widely considered our best although Cucurella was better last season according to us fans. But the those two are gone.

So, who is the best player today (rather than who has most potential)?

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Trossard. Though I think Mwepu and Caicedo could be up there at some point in the future.

I also think Sanchez is one of the league’s finest goalkeepers and a credit to the club to have had such an incredible talent come through our academy.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'd say Trossard and Dunk for different reasons, although I think Caicedo may end up running them close by the end of the season

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Right now I'd say a fit Welbeck is our best player, imagine trying to sign a player of his quality and experience right now, the sums of money involved would be eye watering,if a teamlikeutd had a striker like Welbeck they'd probably do ok this season.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I actually think Caicedo is an upgrade on Bissouma. He is not such a dirty tackler so less bookings and overall I just think he gives us more, IMO.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Right now I'd say a fit Welbeck is our best player, imagine trying to sign a player of his quality and experience right now, the sums of money involved would be eye watering,if a teamlikeutd had a striker like Welbeck they'd probably do ok this season.

DON'T!!!

I can actually see them putting in an offer, followed by a transfer request :down:

I thought Caicedo was the pick of the bunch yesterday but Tross and Welbeck ran him a close second. I get the feeling our "best" player will change game after game. They are all bloody brilliant

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We don't really seem to do "best players" anymore do we? They're all good. It's almost as if football is a team game.

That said, Trossard is now the player I thought he'd be (but wasn't) when we first signed him, and I've run out of superlatives to describe Welbeck. I can't believe I thought he was a crap signing for the first few months he was here.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Pure skill wise.. can only be Trossard or Lallana, but the former goes missing for games and the latter can't score and has gone a bit slow with time. Welbeck is a good option if he keeps up this way, Ali Mac and Caicedo are also up there. And Dunk. Veltman. Webster. Sanchez

I don't know.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We don't really seem to do "best players" anymore do we? They're all good. It's almost as if football is a team game.

That said, Trossard is now the player I thought he'd be (but wasn't) when we first signed him, and I've run out of superlatives to describe Welbeck. I can't believe I thought he was a crap signing for the first few months he was here.

Well yes, the correct answer. We are more than the sum of our parts. If we had to answer it, you could make a strong case for about 8 players, but we don't

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

I agree with this.

You can make sound valid cases for ~11+ players being our best player.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Veltman must be up there. We should have been paying 30m for him.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
In terms of reliability and rarely putting in a sub-par performance, it's still Dunk for me. He's the rock off which the likes of Tross, Caicedo etc. can fly.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Graham Potter. I no longer care what the starting 11 is, I trust GP to have them drilled and with their heads in the right place. Individual players don't really matter in our system.

But yeah probably Trossard or Dunk.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

The first correct answer. We're an outstanding team. That is all. No superstars. This lot like it that way, and that's one of the reasons why we're so good. They all recognise that each of them have their own strengths that contribute to the team, making us more than the sum of our parts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here