Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Who is England's "must stay fit" man?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just noticed Saka picked up an injury early on yesterday. We're definitely into games now where potentially getting injured keeps you out of the World Cup. But do England have a player this time round who would cause us all to gather round a red top and perform an idiotic healing routine should they get injured? The equivalent of Beckham's metatarsal or our later reliance on Rooney?

Personally I wouldn't even worry too much about Kane so long as Wilson and Toney were fit.

Not sure if this says we're more of a team now or if we just have a lot of beige modern footballers in contention.

Anyone for you?

*awaits comedy replies of "Harry Maguire" / England are shit / Southgate should pick Dunk*

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Dunk. He won't go out there but he's English.

He's fitness is important to us.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Foden, England don't have any other option in that position as good as him IMHO and he's bang in form

Even Kane is probably just about replaceable IMHO given the form of Toney and Wilson, it's a slight downgrade but it'll do

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Foden, England don't have any other option in that position as good as him IMHO and he's bang in form

Even Kane is probably just about replaceable IMHO given the form of Toney and Wilson, it's a slight downgrade but it'll do
This. If England are to go far, it will be because Foden is on fire. He's the England player capable of being a game changer against top level opponents, IMO.

Reactions: A1X

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Doesn’t matter who we have up top if Fraudy picks Slabhead and Mings at the back.

FWIW I think Declan Rice is probably the one irreplaceable cog.
I'd suggest they're pretty much the opposite answer. While no one want to see players injured, if those two picked up knocks just before the final squad was announced I think there'd be quiet relief among many England fans.

Mings was dogshit against Newcastle and managed to take out his own keeper. Luckily Gareth was there.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Genuinely haven't been less interested in England for YEARS. (And I've been to many, many tournaments)

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Of the England teams I care about Joe Root and with Eddie Jones limited game plan Billy Vunipola or Ellis Genge

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
None of them, Southgate is about to get found out early doors regardless....imo

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If Bellingham or (/and) Rice gets injured, England are left with a central midfield that would struggle against most teams in the tournament. There would be zero chance of you getting anywhere near a medal if those two were injured.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here