[Albion] Who is Brighton's HARDEST player? Past & present

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Nobby Horton, Danny Wilson, Ian Chapman, Doug Rougvie, Jimmy Case, Steve Foster, Gordon Greer, Danny Cullip, Charlie Oatway, Adam El-Abd, and our very own Lewis Dunk........
I think that captures them all except (as others have said) Paul Clarke and Hans Kraay. I think I read on here recently or maybe in the Ajax programme, that Kraay famously, on being sent off for a bad tackle, booted the player again on his way off the pitch. Class.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Paul Clark, Harry Wilson, Brian Horton,
The game has changed.
Jimmy Case could be a nasty ****

Oh god I forget the hardest…
Alex Dawson. I absolutely worshipped that man. Whatever happened to the diving header, ?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Nobby Horton, Danny Wilson, Ian Chapman, Doug Rougvie, Jimmy Case, Steve Foster, Gordon Greer, Danny Cullip, Charlie Oatway, Adam El-Abd, and our very own Lewis Dunk........
Tank would put them all in the stand and still win the ball, they don't come close.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
As many others have said, if you saw Tank he is the only answer. Several other honourable mentions though; Alex Dawson used to scare the hell out of oppo keepers because they knew if a cross came within range they'd be in the back of the net with the ball or, sometimes, without the ball. Nobby Horton, Jimmy Case and Doug Rougvie also get consideration.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
Sammy Morgan has to up there with hardest. He was a rock solid old fashioned centre forward who played football with his elbows. You could hardly see his nose as it was battered flat.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well it would have to be a player from a few decades ago, you aren't allowed to tackle anyone in modern day football.

In my time of watching the Albion the hardest player l have ever seen was Hans Kraay in his all too brief time with the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports