Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who here has played at Withdean?

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
No , but have played at Corals dog stadium and had to mark Teddy Maybank (who was playing for Corals), he rang rings around a young a naive 16yr old Rambo.

Ezekiel Rowe

Apr 23, 2004
I remember doing a 'Graham Taylor' soccer school at Withdean about 9 or so years ago now. One of those things that your parents would bung you off to in the summer to stop you molesting next door's cat etc.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Ran in the Sussex Schools 800 meters final in 1992 (came fourth) and used to train at Withdean with Brighton and Hove Athletics Club. Those were the days, now i struggle to run for the bus!

Played there once about 15 years ago in a floodlit game for my works team - I think we played another works team in a charidee game.
Also managed a team there (like my avatar :lolol: ) except we were the away team.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Tom Hark said:
I snogged the right hand goalpost at the away end just the other week. Foreplay rather than actual 'play'. Does that count? :blush:
away end?

surely that counts as the 25 metre dash so yes !

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Ran in the Brighton Schools event a couple of times, around 1971/72. I didn't distinguish myself though (I came last and second last :() I remember the star runner from our school being beaten up by a couple of yobs from Patcham Fawcett or Dottie Onkers.

Never played football there though (although I have played at Stamford Bridge).

We had a kick-about in the Bernebeu in 1986 (on the pitch but very much "jumpers for goalposts" before some irate little spanish groundsman told us to sling our hook.

and I played at The Goldstone

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
I was there for school sports days. Use to do 100m hurdles, 100m sprint and relay. Ah happy days :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Many a time but 2 instantly spring to mind.

A five a side tournament on the hallowed turf that our team went out of due to a penalty miss by your truly.

I also did the 1500m for the scouts but feigned a leg injury after 2 circuits because I was knackered. There's fighting spirit for you.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Yeah ive played there before. Didnt think it was all that at the time ! I suppose there were no stands there then so does that count ?

pompeydel

May 27, 2004
West Sussex
Played there during the seventies in a final while playing for a Sunday league team called E&A United........also did the usual school sports days with my school....

Twice. Both in the early 80's. Played for Bevendean Barcelona vs Hove Park Colts in an under 12's cup final, and also ran a lap with Steve Ovett on some charidee day. There was a big stand where the away end is now, and I seem to remember it had a players tunnel. So for a 12 year old, it was a bit like Wembley!

pompeydel

May 27, 2004
West Sussex
'There was a big stand where the away end is now'

didn't there used to be a high jump in front of that stand?...

:bounce: :bounce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here