Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who has been our greatest free transfer signing?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I honestly don't think you could argue against Welbeck being right up there.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
During the Gillingham days we signed a player on a free in the summer window and then sold him for money in the same window without him ever playing for The Albion. unfortunately I can't remember his name or the other two clubs involved. Can someone help? It was very good business though.

Goldstone Guy

Nov 18, 2006
Hove
During the Gillingham days we signed a player on a free in the summer window and then sold him for money in the same window without him ever playing for The Albion. unfortunately I can't remember his name or the other two clubs involved. Can someone help? It was very good business though.
Paul Holsgrove to Hibs in 1998/99?

papachris

Can't remember his name but think he went to Palace for a big profit

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And Darren Currie was on a free one window and was sold for 250k the following window

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
If Bruno was indeed a free this has to be the answer.

Sidwell popped in to my head, though. Did well for us in what effectively was a roll of the dice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here