[Football] Who do you want to win the Championship playoffs?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do you want to win the Championship playoffs?

• Luton

Votes: 198 42.1%
  • Coventry

Votes: 221 47.0%
  • Middlesbrough

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • Sunderland

Votes: 40 8.5%

• Total voters

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Anyone but Boro.

I did want Sunderland, but now they’re out, it has to be Coventry. Do it for Jimmy!

Had Nathan still been there I would have plumped for Luton.

If Luton go up, the away end holds around 1,200 max but police like to keep a sterile area to keep the goading and coin throwing from a safe distance so it might be down from that. I can't stand their fans but what an achievement it would be if they made the Premier League from the National League. :ohmy:

It would make Bournemouth look like the Bernabeu though with the facilities. At least Plucky offers a decent view.
Are there fans quite bad? Always heard they have a bit of a rep, but, wanted to check.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If Luton go up, the away end holds around 1,200 max but police like to keep a sterile area to keep the goading and coin throwing from a safe distance so it might be down from that. I can't stand their fans but what an achievement it would be if they made the Premier League from the National League. :ohmy:

It would make Bournemouth look like the Bernabeu though with the facilities. At least Plucky offers a decent view.
Sunderland had 1,032 tickets for tonight.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Are there fans quite bad? Always heard they have a bit of a rep, but, wanted to check.
Last time I went was to watch Barnet there. A miserable 2-0 defeat the day after the Paris bombings and there was a lot of offensive chanting. Without wanting to sound like PPF, Luton's chavs took a hiding outside the ground as they tried to surround the coach to annoy the driver and fans. Although a lot of the faces I recognised were Tottenham fans, who didn't have a game due to an international break. :nono:

But the whole area of Luton is GRIM.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone but Boro.

I did want Sunderland, but now they’re out, it has to be Coventry. Do it for Jimmy!

Had Nathan still been there I would have plumped for Luton.
Had forgotten he’d died.. 8 years ago wow.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
I went to Kenilworth Road last season, still an absolute dump. Sat in the 'main' stand, on rickety benches which don't have backs.

The toilets had a broken pipes with urine pouring over the floor.

I know they are due to build a new stadium and don't want to spend money on Kenilworth Rd but there's a limit, how much does it cost to get a plumber in, a few painters and some half decent plastic seats.

We had to spend several million on the Amex to make it premier league ready didn't we

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
My father-in-law is a Sunderland fan and as well as being an arsehole in general, he has spent the majority of my kids' lives belittling Brighton and trying to get them to support Sunderland instead. Allied to that, having spent about a decade living and working pretty closely with a wide cross section of their support, they are right up there in the entitlement stakes.

Safe to say that tonight has been a hugely enjoyable one at Fantana Towers, especially as my FoL had to watch the match here.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Boro for me. It would be another stadium to tick off and I have two friends who live in the area - would give me a good excuse to visit

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Radio yesterday were saying if Luton do get promoted, then their ground is currently not upto standard.

I know they have 14 weeks. Still a lot of work to be done! Could you imagine if they weren’t allowed up.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Radio yesterday were saying if Luton do get promoted, then their ground is currently not upto standard.

This would be the case for any new PL club.

Need new, stronger floodlights, room for VAR cameras etc.

Several million needs to be spent.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS

Absolutely, but Luton have to get rid of a whole stand and replace it within 14 weeks.

And do all the other work.

A tough ask, especially where the ground is.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Sunderland on the verge of sacking Mowbray after last nights capitulation and their abject failure to achieve promotion back to the PL. Seems slightly harsh to me.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

£10m needs to be spent according to a BBC article. Which includes one of the stands needing to be pretty much rebuilt...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports