Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who do we want in the next round ?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
ok then - Gateshead at home

You're going well here, aren't you?

There are some monumentally crap prospective draws still left for us, so I won't be getting too excited.

Any of Bolton, Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Derby or Swansea away would be pretty rubbish. Bournemouth- I guess some people like the trip, personally I don't, and I couldn't see us winning there, so that would be annoying. Preston away would be tricky. Leicester- we'd have to hope we played like we did against them last season.

Reading would be alright, but dull. Millwall or Bradford: meh. Rochdale should be a nice winnable one, home or away (I suppose Forest thought that too), and West Brom would possibly offer the chance of a sneaky win.

I'll take Cambridge United, thanks, even if it was away. Never been, interesting city, not too far to travel, and on paper a game that we should win.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
premiership team at home. haven't played man utd at amex yet

I barely recognise the Man United first team these days, so I'm really not fussed at seeing their reserves.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Either one of the lowest ranked teams left in the competition (hopefully ensuring a bit of a cup run) or a home match against one of the genuine big teams.

The nightmare scenario is any Championship/high-flying League One side, as they'll likely provide a eminently losable match with next to no entertainment value.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Either one of the lowest ranked teams left in the competition (hopefully ensuring a bit of a cup run) or a home match against one of the genuine big teams.

The nightmare scenario is any Championship/high-flying League One side, as they'll likely provide a eminently losable match with next to no entertainment value.

Spot on. I think out of the ones listed, Middlesbrough away is by far the worst prospect, followed by Derby, Blackburn and Bolton. A team from your own league is always a bit dull.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
The worst draw surely would be Derby. As much as I love seeing a decent footballing team, it would mean we would have played them 7 times over the last 2 seasons come May. Probably not picking up a single result in that time.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Dover at home please.

I'm away for the 4th Round, save the big draw for Round 5 please.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Someone in a lower league than us and at the Amex in the hope of a cheap ticket :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here