Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who did you think was the most exciting signing Albion have made

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Terry Connor. I know Leeds rated him highly, I genuinely thought he would be an England superstar.

In my defence I was youngish and naive

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Bobby Smith!
England international and Div 1 player joined 4th Division Brighton. Added 10 k to the home gates :)

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
chris-l229-2174697_478x359.jpg

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Vicente for me, absolutely no doubt about it. Couldn't believe it - the actual guy who had been in Champions League finals and winning La Liga. At a club who had just been promoted from League One. Incredible.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Jimmy case and Sergei gotsmanov in years gone by but in recent times has to be Vicente by a country mile

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Bobby 1st and 2nd times. After his loan I thought he was far too gifted to actually sign for us.
Kaz was great. But for me signing Gotsmanov was unreal, as a young Communist he was my football hero, especialle as for a long time he was the last foreigner to score a winner against England at Wembley. When a mate told me we'd signed him I was confused as to how my mate even knew who he was to wind me up.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Although Peter O'Sullivan is my fave of all time, it has to be Vincente.
But a bit of a small penchant for Jimmy Case and his never say die attitude, especially that goal he scored v Naaaaarwich:cool:

Bucephalus

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
the older members of my family always tell me the biggest coup was signing Bobby Smith (a then England Int'l) when BHA were a Div 4 team i.e the equivalent of Wayne Rooney signing for (say) Lincoln City now!

in my time of supporting BHA it must be Jimmy Case since he was a part of the all conquering Liverpool team at the time

other signings that were a big deal at the time: Andy Ritchie (Man U), Mark Barham (England int'l), CMS and the re-signings of Peter Ward, Bobby Z & Glenn Murray

absolutely loved watching Vicente play for us but didn't know too much about him when he signed!

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Alan Biley
Although he played for Pompey before us and proper hated them he was a goal machine and his goal ratio for all his previous clubs Cambridge, Derby and Portsmouth was close to 1 in 2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here