[Albion] Who cursed Moder ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Will score ten goals next season. He looks like scoring every game.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
He is rapidly becoming one of my favourite players of the current crop. Very excited to see how he will link up with Koslowski next season.

I know that wasn't the question, but y'know.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I've struggled to find myself a new favourite player for a few years now. Really liked some, but never had that fave player connection.

I can officially say big Jakub is my new official favourite player.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm sure once he gets the first many more will follow. He reminds me of a young Steven Gerrard.

Same age (almost exactly), height and general build as Kai Havertz with a very very similar game. He’ll have more EPL goals than the German by the beginning of the 23/24 season, I guarantee.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Moder goal vs Burnley.... put your shirt on it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'm not looking to criticise the bloke because I think he's fantastic, but I don't think the lack of goals is just down to luck.

When you see a player who gets his shots on target but seems to come up against brilliant keeping displays usually this comes down to power.

Moder is a poke and prod, side foot sort of player, he's subtle rather than an athletic, all action type. I can't remember seeing him use his instep for a pass or shot.

When you look at Ronaldo's goal last night (and i'm not saying Jacob should be this good), he scored because he smashed it one, much less likely a side foot goes in from there. I do think, part of our scoring trouble as a team, is that we are a load of placers. We've got nobody who connects clean, finds the sweet spot and puts their laces through it. I want to see raw violence from our front men, properly spank it, aim to bust the net

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
John Jensen II.

#OneForTheKidz

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I've put a fiver on him for anytime goalscorer on Saturday. It's got to happen soon.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
It is starting to actually look like he needs to buy some lucky Heather, I'd like to see a compilation of his attempts on goal, I can remember a few blazers over the bar but most either seem good saves or deflected shots on target, he needs one to bounce in off his arse, you can't really say he's pants in front of goal because as far as I can tell he really has been unlucky, it will come if he continues plugging away, can't really say anything about his all round game other than just seems to improve everytime I see him, fair play to the recruitment team managing to find the best unluckiest player on the planet :lolol:

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I think Jakub will score lots of goals for us ……..eventually!

On the issue of strikers putting their foot through the ball Shearer is a good example but the best finisher I’ve ever known used to pass the ball into the net and he was a genius - Jimmy Greaves

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Moder is not that cursed.

Here is a true curse:

curse15.jpg

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I'm not looking to criticise the bloke because I think he's fantastic, but I don't think the lack of goals is just down to luck.

When you see a player who gets his shots on target but seems to come up against brilliant keeping displays usually this comes down to power.

Moder is a poke and prod, side foot sort of player, he's subtle rather than an athletic, all action type. I can't remember seeing him use his instep for a pass or shot.

When you look at Ronaldo's goal last night (and i'm not saying Jacob should be this good), he scored because he smashed it one, much less likely a side foot goes in from there. I do think, part of our scoring trouble as a team, is that we are a load of placers. We've got nobody who connects clean, finds the sweet spot and puts their laces through it. I want to see raw violence from our front men, properly spank it, aim to bust the net
Very much agree with this. Trossard has a few more goals because he occasionally leathers it.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports