Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who are the winners of the Caicedo deal?

Who are the winners of the Caicedo deal?

• Total voters

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
A fantastic win for everyone associated with the Albion, but the Chelsea fans are massive winners too.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It also means that Brighton scouts will be welcome everywhere in South America with their hidden teenage gems playing their hearts out.
Brighton also has experience of handling multi ownership of players (Callieri failed but ultimately helped us understand) whereas Man Utd backed off.
You've hit the nail firmly on the head.

The bullshit that has been written that holding Caicedo against his wishes would damage us has been shown up for what it is.

Brighton's standing all over the World has been greatly enhanced especially in S America. We have facilitated these young players into getting life changing contracts while using us as the conduit. We find and introduce players to the best league in the world, develop them and then allow them to go on to new clubs while filling the bank account up. Rinse (Chelsea) and repeat

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Has to be Brighton. Nothing can make Chelsea win that deal. They would have to do the league and CL double twice, if not three times, just to justify what they've spent on him, let alone the other players they've paid for. And they aren't even in Europe this season.
Incredible pressure on them to succeed. And this with a manager who given his appointments has been underwhelming.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Independiente del Valle obviously. They'll make about £26million from this transfer. Think about the good that such a large sum of money will hopefully do to the local community there in Ecuador.
200w.gif

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Chelsea have spent £821 million in The last 3 windows , how can this fall into FFP
It won't despite the long contracts. They made a loss of 156m in 20-21, loss of 122m in 21-22 and last year's 12th place finish and transfer spend of circa 500m certainly won't improve that. They're basically f***ed FFP wise but probably hoping to wriggle out of it Man City style.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Thinking about the players we've moved on in the last few seasons and we've got a fair team to put out .

Sanchez +25 odd, but had to be moved on
Goldson + ? Strange one he was excellent
Cuccarella +46 Grrrr tosser
Macallister +20 robbed
Bissouma +17 Gutted
Trossard +11 Another sulker on yer bike
Caciedo +101 Freakishly gifted but ta ta
Jahankbasher -3 criminal he was mint.
Gyorkeres + ? Let him go too soon imo
Locadia - whatever he cost plus the taxi out.
Connolly + 2 Undoubted Ability but probably best case scenario moving on

There's probably a few more I can't remember but I reckon there's a few teams in the league with a weaker starting 11 than that line up right now, obviously Big Jurg would be a makeshift CB.

So roughly those 11 players have generated 225 million quids worth of profit,even with the sprinkling of lemons, not too shabby at all.

Once the hand dryers in the bogs actually blow out some warm air I reckon we can safely say we belong in the EPL.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Boringly, I will call it a draw.

They have a wonderful player at a fair price (according to the pundits I have seen).

BHA have the money.

I don't want the kid to fail because it will mean that see on % will have little or no value. That said, wanting him to do so well that % is lucrative for the club is not an easy thought.

This is the club's plan delivering. We have to get used to it.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Boringly, I will call it a draw.

They have a wonderful player at a fair price (according to the pundits I have seen).

BHA have the money.

I don't want the kid to fail because it will mean that see on % will have little or no value. That said, wanting him to do so well that % is lucrative for the club is not an easy thought.

This is the club's plan delivering. We have to get used to it.
I'm really intugued as to how he'll do and I'll be watching closely. Is he the real deal i think he is or is he Bridcutt at Real Madrid?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
To us fans its just a number. Pleased for Tony who has invested £300m+ into BHA to get us to where we are today

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Todd has paid about £40m more than his original bid and a British record......and we've got about 25x what we paid for a player who has played 30-odd games for us.

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
It won't despite the long contracts. They made a loss of 156m in 20-21, loss of 122m in 21-22 and last year's 12th place finish and transfer spend of circa 500m certainly won't improve that. They're basically f***ed FFP wise but probably hoping to wriggle out of it Man City style.
TS around 10.30ish this morning had Simon Jordan explaining the business gamble that Bohely is taking giving out 8 Yr contracts. Well worth a listen. He said he doesn't like what he's doing but it will keep Chelsea within FFP for years to come.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
At odds with most others I voted Chelsea. Amazing deal for us of course, but if he does play for them at world class level for the next 8 years and they win stuff (at the expense of us!?), then it is a pretty good value deal at around £12m / season

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This time we don’t have a replacement at the club ready to step in we have to buy someone the production line is not perfect by any means. I’m surprised they didn’t make a signing to replace him earlier tbh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here