Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Misc] Who are the most miserable nation on earth ?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Has anyone noticed where Rwanda are in the list?

I'll save you all the time - they are in position 143, just 3 places above Afghanistan.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I ignore the practise of towels on loungers. If itā€™s sat empty for 15 mins, towels off and my backside is on.
The Russians tend to argue a bit when you do this but them and their duck faced wives can suck a fart .

Most miserable nation on earth? Contrary to popular perception, I find the Irish to be a moaning bunch of old windbags. Always something up with them. Northern Irish are the worst. Especially when encountered on their home turf. Similar to Liverpudlians in that respect.

I say this as a man whose maternal family all come from and reside in and around Belfast. And owner of an Irish passport.

Many a dour summer holiday spent among the windswept beaches, serious old men and resentful women of the Emerald Isle.

They do like to come over here and tell us how great the craic is back home and how we should cheer up.

Miserable buggers.
This, but who can blame them? The emerald (green) isle because it never stops raining is basically a flatter, wetter version of Sussex. If you spend a day on a ferry, you'll make it to Wales. The 'Irish' who most celebrate Ireland are those that have never lived there.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think the people in Borneo might be miserable.
I donā€™t know why as Iā€™ve only ever seen Oran Utans from there. Thatā€™s maybe why ? No one is interestedā€¦. but I am really

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I donā€™t know why as Iā€™ve only ever seen Oran Utans from there. Thatā€™s maybe why ? No one is interestedā€¦. but I am really
All theyā€™ve got to look forward to is Attenborough back every so often

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This, but who can blame them? The emerald (green) isle because it never stops raining is basically a flatter, wetter version of Sussex. If you spend a day on a ferry, you'll make it to Wales. The 'Irish' who most celebrate Ireland are those that have never lived there.

I hate to bring a bit of maturity to an NSC thread, but isn't it always the loudest, most stupid individuals that people always remember to define their nationalities to the rest of the world. Nobody ever remembers the vast majority of quiet, nice respectful ones ?

I have always experienced the worst Brits, Germans, Americans, Italians, Russians, Australians, Turkish, Brazilians, Iranians (and I could go on for hours and hours, but I have close friends from every one of those particular countries) when they're not 'at home' :wink:

Whenever I've gone 'there', 'they' are absolutely wonderful :thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

IIRC I think a long term NSC poster spent a lot of time in Borneo. @Kalimantan Gull may be able to report back :wink:

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Yeah Hungarians are a pretty depressed people, Poles also aren't particularly friendly or expansive but it might have nothing to do with their personal happiness and just them being closed-off
My boss is Hungarian and heā€™s a right miserable ****

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Too true!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
IIRC I think a long term NSC poster spent a lot of time in Borneo. @Kalimantan Gull may be able to report back :wink:
I'm in Borneo right now and I can tell you we're all very happy :)

I wouldn't say orangutans look miserable, more pensive perhaps, deep in thought. Although when London Zoo had to let some of their primates go for space reasons orangutans were first on the block because visitors kept complaining that they looked depressed!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Retirement is sort of agreeing with you Dave šŸ˜‰šŸ¤£
far too many holidays
This has been remarked on. Lol.

Well you canā€™t take it with you and when we had a young family we never really could afford the Florida type holidays so it was eurocamp camping holidays in France every year ( great they were ).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here