Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who are the most ANNOYING type of people on trains?

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
when people turn their nose up at the food trolley thing, until someone else uses it, then the whole carriage perks up including people that the person doing it has already passed, blocking up the carriage for *****ing ages

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
also when people run for trains just as they are about to leave, people blowing whistles and signalling to the driver, not realising that there is a train 5 minutes later, and that they're delaying the train which means they're holding everyone up.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Nothing irks me more on a train than the sudden boarding of the painfully cheery. Trains are for the dour folk who stare blankly into their devices to avoid shared glances, and only join forces when some smirksome types, content with life by all appearance, strut harmfully down the aisle, a sneer and quiet huff delivered collectively to these merry fops. They ignore it, of course, continuing to rudely be ok and chuckle at a podcast or recent holiday snap that only they have the right to be jubilant over. I silently wish for their downfall or a meagre upset, refusing to reveal they've left something private and person on the empty seat beside them as they rise to leave, but some guardian angel either whispers to remind or floats their property over to them, magically making it alright for these fellows and lasses for whom no bad luck falls. And on my journey goes without joy.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Loud headphones because it is NEVER EVER good music.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
People who sit next to you when you have a spare seat next to you. So annoying! Piss off and find another seat :moo:

You could try the old chestnut of staring maniacally at them and asking, 'Will you be my friend?', in a take on of The Idiots by Dogme95 :)

Just as the doors open at a new stop, I find turning my music up slightly too loud, sniffing, coughing or blowing my nose rather loudly tends to keep the spare seat next to me spare :thumbsup:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Railway Enforcement Officers.

I find their demeanour and approach to ticket inspection extremely insulting.

I have been stopped on a platform and asked to produce my ticket on three separate occasions. Each time I have been made to feel like a criminal, for standing on a platform waiting for a train.

Jan 30, 2008
Railway Enforcement Officers.

I find their demeanour and approach to ticket inspection extremely insulting.

I have been stopped on a platform and asked to produce my ticket on three separate occasions. Each time I have been made to feel like a criminal, for standing on a platform waiting for a train.
not really, you have to have a ticket to travel :facepalm:
regards
DR

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Those people who read the broad sheets and have an annoying tendency to shake the whole rag in your face, as if to say "I can read and am superior.":censored::censored::censored:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Fat people taking up more than their seat.
People on their phones
People who unfold their bikes on the train in front of the door holding everyone else up.
People who smack you in the back of the head with their bag as they walk past.
People who just stand in front of the door while others want to get off (post gatwick this is a big one).

PS: people who cough in the back of your neck on crowded trains, especially on the tube :wozza:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
not really, you have to have a ticket to travel :facepalm:
regards
DR

On each occasion I have already passed the barrier and produced a ticket prior to being on the platform.
The train I travel on will also have a ticket inspector on it.

Why do I need to have my ticket checked again on the platform?

SAC

May 21, 2014
I'd imagine that away football fans en mass on a train must be a nightmare for non football fans.

Jan 30, 2008
On each occasion I have already passed the barrier and produced a ticket prior to being on the platform.
The train I travel on will also have a ticket inspector on it.

Why do I need to have my ticket checked again on the platform?
HOW DO THEY KNOW THAT before you've boarded the train:facepalm:
regards
DR

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
Although people who put bags on seats on full trains are annoying, even more frustrating is the subset of this group who, when asked to move their bag so that someone could sit down, respond "but then I won't have anywhere to put my suitcase". This boils my blood.
Firstly, the space between the seatbacks, and the vestibules by the doors, are ideal places to put a suitcase - I've commuted for a decade and I've never seen anyone attempt to steal a suitcase, yet there seems to persist a fear that should the thing be out of reach for a moment, it will be whisked away by nefarious luggage gnomes. Secondly, if the suitcase desperately needs a seat, then it should be the owner who gives up that seat and stands.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
HOW DO THEY KNOW THAT before you've borded the train:facepalm:
regards
DR

Because they are working at a station that has a manned barrier on it.
On a line that employs ticket inspectors to check tickets en route.

There are 3 different groups of employees checking my ticket. I have no objection to two of these groups as they are serving a valid function and treat the customers courteously.

The other group aren't and don't, in my experience.

Jan 30, 2008
Because they are working at a station that has a manned barrier on it.
On a line that employs ticket inspectors to check tickets en route.

There are 3 different groups of employees checking my ticket. I have no objection to two of these groups as they are serving a valid function and treat the customers courteously.

The other group aren't and don't, in my experience.
yes, but that barrier may have been unmanned for a short while, AND ALSO THEY ARE DOING A VALID JOB IN DETECTING FAIR DODGERS, not rocket science:facepalm:
regards
DR

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
also when people run for trains just as they are about to leave, people blowing whistles and signalling to the driver, not realising that there is a train 5 minutes later, and that they're delaying the train which means they're holding everyone up.

Virgin are good at that. People try to call the signal person all sorts of obscenities because they "couldn't keep the train there for two more seconds". Their Fault I'm Late does make me wonder if people actually have common sense to arrive early..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here