Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who are our BHA cult heroes?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Peter Taylor played a really shit striker for a few games some young lad can’t remember his name made his debut at QPR away Boxing Day WTF was his name?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Peter Taylor played a really shit striker for a few games some young lad can’t remember his name made his debut at QPR away Boxing Day WTF was his name?

Not Diving Daniel Webb by any chance? Son of Chelsea stalwart David Webb. The journeyman's journeyman, never SEEN anybody on wiki with a longer list of clubs against his name to so little effect.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Abdul Razak.

If only for that one game.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Surely Lee Steele is a candidate up top?

I remember having no fewer than 4 scousers come up to me on separate occasions claiming to be a mate or relative of Steeley when on holiday in Ayia Napa in my centenary shirt, all joyously proclaiming he was a maverick and a pisshead.

I know he crashed his car after a gala dinner drink driving after hitting a puddle, but were the rumours true that he also 'borrowed Micky Adams' car too?

yes I'd definitely include Steele. Was a vital part of our Division 2 winning side and always seemed like a bit of a scamp. Never quite understood why he was released at the end of that season?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Can we have a bench so we can add Jonny Dixon.

Surely worth inclusion if anything for the wool jumper he wore when he signed and shagging Holly Vallance

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Does Guy Butters count? Or we he an actual hero

Also votes for

Bas Savage
Owusu
Turienzo
Graeme 'concedes two a game' Smith

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
Here is a team for the older fans. All these were popular players and some, but not all were good:
Brian Powney
Stewart Henderson
Ian Goodwin
Jon Napier
Willie Bell
Ronnie Welch
Nobby Lawton
Dave Turner
Dave Armstrong
Alan Duffy
Ricky Marlowe

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Phil Stant - he of the bulging eyes.
Ian Baird for tactically removing Darren Moore from the Donny team in the last Goldstone game - and then still wanting to fight him in the tunnel.
Keith Cuss.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Ian Chapman at Left back and then the two flairmeisters who briefly shone, Gotsmanov and Vicente to fill the wing and striker births.

Suggestions for the bench include;
Martin Thomas (anyone prepared to go in for a tackle with his head deserves a squad place)
Stuart Storer and Robbie Reinelt

Robbie Reinelt, probably one of the most useless strikers ever to wear the stripes. (Sorry Robbie, l'm just being honest).

However, cometh the hour, cometh the man etc. etc. I mean, what else did he ever do in an Albion shirt, other than score what was probably the most important goal in our entire history?

Enough to make him a cult hero? . . . most definately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here