Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who annoyed you most today

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The gamesmanship of Burnley, playing for fouls, feigning being tripped (Barton) and generally disrupting the Albion flow of the game successfully. Wednesday did the same more subtly.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Was it;

a)Pawson the ref
b)Barton the thug
c)Wilson the sicknote

I really can't make my mind up.

Poll not to follow

Has to be the referee. We know Barton is a thug. It's the referee's job to deal with it.

Don't understand the Wilson criticism. Didn't think he was that bad (not that he was great but certainly doesn't deserve to be compared to Barton and the referee).

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Has to be the referee. We know Barton is a thug. It's the referee's job to deal with it.

Don't understand the Wilson criticism. Didn't think he was that bad (not that he was great but certainly doesn't deserve to be compared to Barton and the referee).
Think you're in a small minority on Wilson. Showed no desire or game awareness other than when he was in the box. Watched Hemed slog his guts out defending from the front, and didn't take the hint. I and most around me thought Wlson's performance was woeful today. Premier League) he is having a laugh.

Sidwell no better either...I'd much rather have Crofts.

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
Firstly Barton's two sending off offences
Secondly the referee's inability to spot an offence despite previously sending of Vincelot and Barnes within 15 minutes.
Surely a wee inconsistency there.
The part time tourist tw*ts in the row in front who insisted on leaving on 40 and 85 mins.
Apart from that, great entertainment.
Shame the Harveys ran out in THREE locations within the North Concourse post match - surely they realised the crowd might be massive and the demand likewise, but oh no, they fecked up big time.
Who is actually responsible for the catering, the Captain of the Titanic. Sorry, even he could do a better job.

Thats a little unfair as Hemed had a good game until tiring as did Baldock before getting the injury so that only leaves Wilson.

He missed a one-on-one from 6 yards out

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
A couple of poor deliveries from Knocky and Murphy aside we looked much better while attacking and Burnley weren't getting a look in for much of the game. Poor decision by the manager to stop that and try to close the game out. They always looked dangerous from corners and crosses and in my mind it was inevitable that they would score if given the chances and we need another goal or two. There best chances all but bypassed the midfield which kind of negates the idea of bringing on another midfielder to sure things up.

You can't control what the ref is going to do or what the opposition thugs are going to do. The only thing you can change is your own game plan and Chris didn't do that correctly yesterday.

Shit like this happens though, we are still in the race and there are plenty of twists and turns in this run in to go. We are still good enough to get up!

Last edited:

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I would have to say the linesman, or the result would have been correct (y'know, 2-3).

Or the fact that your equalising goal shouldn't have stood, after a clear foul (push) on our center half, Goldson (which our manger pointed out)

Last edited:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Dominate opposition - check
Rue missed chances - check
Have some diabolical decision go the oppostion's way - check
Bring on extra midfielder to 'kill' game and end up having to endure pressure detrimental to fan health - check

All a very standard albion game. I thought our luck might be changing when that rather obvious goal they scored was disallowed, but nope, came anyway 5 mins later and the balance of the universe was restored.

The main thing I am annoyed at is the substitution of Sidwell for Hemed, it's all pretty standard nowadays to pack the middle late on but in terms of this game, it made absolutely no sense. We were already comfortable in midfield, the danger was quite clearly (evident from their very first corner) going to be from set plays, crosses from wide areas and punts up field. I have no idea how it was proposed Sidwell was going to stem any of that. Compounding that issue we also removed our outlet up the field, as Wilson (even admitted it himself from what I recall) cannot lead the line alone in any capacity and also looked equally tired.

I just felt we completely nullified ourselves and fully expected 10 mins of grinding by inviting them on us, which as a fan is ****ing exhausting. We almost made it over the line but their late goal did not surprise me at all, and I was gutted for seeing it coming.

I do feel for CH though despite this, he sets the team up well and we get the chances.. so many wonderful chances to kill games off and we simply aren't able to do so, but it's hard to be angry at the players after that.

Laridae

Apr 28, 2011
West of Sussex
Dominate opposition - check
Rue missed chances - check
Have some diabolical decision go the oppostion's way - check
Bring on extra midfielder to 'kill' game and end up having to endure pressure detrimental to fan health - check

All a very standard albion game. I thought our luck might be changing when that rather obvious goal they scored was disallowed, but nope, came anyway 5 mins later and the balance of the universe was restored.

The main thing I am annoyed at is the substitution of Sidwell for Hemed, it's all pretty standard nowadays to pack the middle late on but in terms of this game, it made absolutely no sense. We were already comfortable in midfield, the danger was quite clearly (evident from their very first corner) going to be from set plays, crosses from wide areas and punts up field. I have no idea how it was proposed Sidwell was going to stem any of that. Compounding that issue we also removed our outlet up the field, as Wilson (even admitted it himself from what I recall) cannot lead the line alone in any capacity and also looked equally tired.

I just felt we completely nullified ourselves and fully expected 10 mins of grinding by inviting them on us, which as a fan is ****ing exhausting. We almost made it over the line but their late goal did not surprise me at all, and I was gutted for seeing it coming.

I do feel for CH though despite this, he sets the team up well and we get the chances.. so many wonderful chances to kill games off and we simply aren't able to do so, but it's hard to be angry at the players after that.

Excellent post, agree with all of that!

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
The lack of Harveys after the final whistle, stayed to applaud the team off, and whe I get to the bar - no Harveys.
Biggest crowd of the season, early kick off, and still unable to organise getting beer to the punters.
Although Pawson and Barton top this cock-up.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Think you're in a small minority on Wilson. Showed no desire or game awareness other than when he was in the box. Watched Hemed slog his guts out defending from the front, and didn't take the hint. I and most around me thought Wlson's performance was woeful today. Premier League) he is having a laugh.

Sidwell no better either...I'd much rather have Crofts.

Given what's happened with Sidwell, I think I agree re Crofts. He's not lived up to expectations sadly.

I disagree re Wilson's desire. I think he is trying but it's not just coming off for him. I'm not saying he was good, just that the OP putting him in the same post as Barton/the referee is very unfair.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Most of the bin-festers on here who brag in advance about we will beat everyone in sight and then immediately panic as soon as we drop points.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Houghton
With 20 odd mins remaining we looked so comfortable and Burnley offered nothing and then he got the midfield to sit back and then the usual substitutes.This basically was the golden ticket handed to Burnley on a plate and they had plenty of time to get the goal.
The next annoyance was dunks pointless,pathetic challenge on Barton that led to the goal... I even shouted at the TV wondering what the fack goes through his head at times.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Some cheeky beggars, on 3 trains i was on to and from the ground to London, repeatedly lifted and lowered those unlubricated mini-tables on the backs of the seats in front of them. Why Southern refuse to oil those ear-splitting squeakers i do not know. Ruddy annoying though.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Houghton
With 20 odd mins remaining we looked so comfortable and Burnley offered nothing and then he got the midfield to sit back and then the usual substitutes.This basically was the golden ticket handed to Burnley on a plate and they had plenty of time to get the goal.
The next annoyance was dunks pointless,pathetic challenge on Barton that led to the goal... I even shouted at the TV wondering what the fack goes through his head at times.

Don't know what Ray Houghton had to do it with but, if you mean Hughton, do you think he got the midfield to deliberately sit back? Didn't notice anything to indicate that. Far more likely that the players just started doing that as the game wore on. They were looking tired, playing a physically very strong team and had a lead to protect. It's natural caution which creeps in that managers find it very hard to over-ride. As for the free-kick, Dunk has form on that score but on this occasion, it looked like he did win the ball.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Given what's happened with Sidwell, I think I agree re Crofts. He's not lived up to expectations sadly.

I disagree re Wilson's desire. I think he is trying but it's not just coming off for him. I'm not saying he was good, just that the OP putting him in the same post as Barton/the referee is very unfair.

Agree

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The lack of Harveys after the final whistle, stayed to applaud the team off, and whe I get to the bar - no Harveys.
Biggest crowd of the season, early kick off, and still unable to organise getting beer to the punters.
Although Pawson and Barton top this cock-up.

It was still on sale after the match in the central kiosk of the WSU.

I do agree with your points as I have known it to run out after matches in the WSL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here