Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whitehawk sack Darren Freeman

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Their budget is one of, if not the smallest in the league. Its a myth that all players are on big money.

It all depends how you define their playing budget. Does the fact that Jake Robinson was allegedly given a full time wage with one of the owners companies in exchange for his signature yet doesn't actually do any work for them count as playing budget? I'd say it does and that sort of arrangement in a way arguably makes them full time - they aqre just channeling wages through another company rather than the football club. And if that is the case and a number of their players happen to be on similar arrangements, it's little wonder Freeman has paid the price given how much money must be being pumped in

dazzalewis1968

May 22, 2008
Nicky Forster is the pefect candidate
he knows this league,he left Dover with
then in the top 3.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Interesting call. Why DID he leave Dover?

dazzalewis1968

May 22, 2008
They had lost 4 games in row but still were in the top 3 and the squad he bulit made the play
off. finals. so a harsh sacking.
45% win ratio.
That would equate to whitehalk being mid table at the very least.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
According to his own twitter feed, the slick haired umpa lumpa is back managing a Sussex football team to certain bankruptcy.

I hope the Whitehawk board have their bank accounts and overdrafts organised.

Interesting ad that appeared next to the appointment in the Argus:

BgHxaGMCAAAEMa5.jpg:large

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
That is such a negative appointment. If they were serious about going forward they could have done soooo much better. can only assume this is a reflection of a lack of money.

Weatherman

Jun 10, 2008
He did well at Lewes, Farnborough and Macclesfield.
He won't be bothered about the surroundings / lack of support and probably wont have the influence over the owners that he had at Lewes, so any financial difficulty would be down to them.
A difficult task but i think he'll just about keep them up.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He did well at Lewes, Farnborough and Macclesfield.
He won't be bothered about the surroundings / lack of support and probably wont have the influence over the owners that he had at Lewes, so any financial difficulty would be down to them.
A difficult task but i think he'll just about keep them up.

Depends on how you look at it. If you mean he did well by taking both Lewes and Farnborough to the doors of extinction and administration, yes he did very well. Behind the scenes Macclesfield went from a sound financial footing pre-King, to £500k in debt and facing bankruptcy. He's a nightmare to control behind the scenes because he thinks he's god's gift to football. In short, it is a desperate move.

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
Depends on how you look at it. If you mean he did well by taking both Lewes and Farnborough to the doors of extinction and administration, yes he did very well. Behind the scenes Macclesfield went from a sound financial footing pre-King, to £500k in debt and facing bankruptcy. He's a nightmare to control behind the scenes because he thinks he's god's gift to football. In short, it is a desperate move.

Both times he was sacked at Lewes and at Macclesfield he has had to get his solicitor in to keep the reason quite, even though most people know why he was given the boot at Lewes. Hope there is money in the bank Whitehawk your going to need it with King in charge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here