Whitehawk need their own thread!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I'm told the fans use Facebook instead of a forum.

A couple of times I've seen a car full of tossers with a whitehawk windscreen sun visor at Brighton station after a game giving it the large to the Brighton fans

I have no time for them

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
A couple of times I've seen a car full of tossers with a whitehawk windscreen sun visor at Brighton station after a game giving it the large to the Brighton fans

I have no time for them

Odd, very odd. Whitehawk sun visor?? Are you serious?

Seen fans at Whitehawk matches wearing Brighton coats and hats and not heard anyone giving them grief.
Seen fans wearing other clubs badges, hats etc also supporting Whitehawk.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Its the potg tbh,thought the crowd would potential capacity for hawks biggest ever game.???

Lincoln match was POTG and the play off match last season.
Even the play off final at Borehamwood was POTG.

Saves time and money to not print and sell tickets, probably encourages fans to get to the ground early and spend money.

Lincoln match was POTG and the play off match last season.
Even the play off final at Borehamwood was POTG.

Saves time and money to not print and sell tickets, probably encourages fans to get to the ground early and spend money.

Safety issues must be a concern if 2k+ plus turn up,capacity is 2k but will lose a quite a few with the away section. Might be a bit optimistic regarding crowd but better safe the sorry.The last thing hawks need is problems whilst trying to re-brand club.??? Also it might give them a chance to build up a database of potential new fans.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Odd, very odd. Whitehawk sun visor?? Are you serious?

Seen fans at Whitehawk matches wearing Brighton coats and hats and not heard anyone giving them grief.
Seen fans wearing other clubs badges, hats etc also supporting Whitehawk.

I've only been to a few a whitehawk games, but pretty much everyone I've spoke to is a Brighton fan (ok I already knew them anyway).

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Safety issues must be a concern if 2k+ plus turn up,capacity is 2k but will lose a quite a few with the away section. Might be a bit optimistic regarding crowd but better safe the sorry.The last thing hawks need is problems whilst trying to re-brand club.??? Also it might give them a chance to build up a database of potential new fans.

Not sure they have the infrastructure to do it any other way. Takes time and money to set up a proper computerized ticketing system.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

The owners have invested heavily on the playing side over the last few years, but aside from shifting a few of the Withdean seats across town, little on the off field infrastructure. The owners have/had ideas of moving to Withdean I believe? Bad idea in my opinion. The roots of the club are in the Whitehawk area, Moving to Withdean and calling themselves Brighton City would make them little more credible than MK Dons imo. They should invest in EBP and if they must change the name, maybe East Brighton Hawks or Brighton Whitehawk would be a compromise.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
I have always been a regular at Whitehawk when the Albion are away, but I am thinking of swerving the replay, I was lucky to get a seat against Lincoln but when there's big crowd its hard to get a good view of the game

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I have always been a regular at Whitehawk when the Albion are away, but I am thinking of swerving the replay, I was lucky to get a seat against Lincoln but when there's big crowd its hard to get a good view of the game

I think it's a shame they haven't done something above the dug outs, just a rail to lean on like at the Dripping pan Lewes.
You will know this, I'm sure that part of the ground used to be open to spectators.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
They have talked about new ground. Where are they going or are they redeveloping

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Stood on that side for the bognor fa cup game a few years ago! 84 ISH?

image.jpg

Photo from 2010.
Surely the best view of the pitch from here. Up there on the bank I mean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports