Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whitehawk Fc any good?

Leosayer

Aug 25, 2011
Kent
I thought I might go down to watch Maidstone my local team tomorrow afternoon. They are playing Whitehawk in the FA trophy. Maidstone are doing pretty well now top of Ryman league 1 and have been getting crowds of 1500 - 2000 recently. I see Whitehawk are near the top of the Ryman premier and seem to be doing pretty well too, anyone here no much about the team?

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
They are bankrolled by a group of investors that appear to have 1000's of pounds to spunk away. They are watched by crowds that number closer to 10. They have a quite a few ex pro's who have landed themselves a nice little earner at the fag end of their career. Plus, non league players who are playing below their station. Due to these factors, they are doing quite well at the top of Ryman Premier.

Will it continue, or will the bubble burst like it has for many non league clubs, who have had cash thrown at them, only for the rich benefactor(s) to pull the plug? Who knows?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
You might want to visit Ye Olde Bulldog in St James' St for a pre or post match snifter too

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
If the bloke is going to watch his HOME TOWN team, Maidstone v. Whitehawk tomoz, why is everyone making Brighton references ??? The game is in Maidstone FFS!!! Everyone been on the source already ???

:jester:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If the bloke is going to watch his HOME TOWN team, Maidstone v. Whitehawk tomoz, why is everyone making Brighton references ??? The game is in Maidstone FFS!!! Everyone been on the source already ???

:jester:

Maybe it's because he asked about Whitehawk who have a lot of ex Brighton players and staff?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Maidstones new ground is very tidy, nice bar and all very shiny and new, the crowds have kept coming since the grand opening too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here