Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"White Lives Matter Burnley" banner flown over the Etihad

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
A confused/confusing view, to be sure. You seem to be quoting a video from 2015 though-may I ask where you stumbled upon these quotes?

The going trend amoungst rabid racists is that BLM movement is a secret underground Marxist movement. Not that any of them actually know what Marxism is let alone read a book on it.

Twitter really is the wild west of the world right now.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Cannot believe Lancashire police say no crime was committed, if this atrocity is not a crime what is? What do they deem to be a crime? Hopefully there’ll be an independent review into Lancashire police. I’m so angry right now..

Clampet

Apr 27, 2016
Cannot believe Lancashire police say no crime was committed, if this atrocity is not a crime what is? What do they deem to be a crime? Hopefully there’ll be an independent review into Lancashire police. I’m so angry right now..

Maybe it's because the bloke isn't as stupid as people think.

If they charge him he can throw the racism card around. If you can't get done for saying black how can you for saying white without it being racist when you are charged?

It is the CPS that have decided they can't do anything not Lancashire Police.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The going trend amoungst rabid racists is that BLM movement is a secret underground Marxist movement. Not that any of them actually know what Marxism is let alone read a book on it.

The activist leaders of the BLM movement want the abolition of capitalism and the abolition of the police force. Stated aims. If that is the sort of organisation anyone wants fronting a noble cause then good luck to them.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Please...Baker lite....I was told earlier that the tongue in cheek use of ' atrocity ' had gone over the top of my head....and now I see it again. Is this a serious use of the word or not?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Exactly what crime do you think has been committed bearing in mind you would need to prove their exact motive for flying the banner?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

You sound like you have an insight others don’t, if BLM have an objective to dismantle capitalism to right the wrong of that system on black people, what does that mean for white people?

Will capitalism be dismantled and lead onto another system, or will capitalism be dismantled to specifically advantage black people?

You could sort this issue out so that the cynical can get on the BLM bus........I am at the bus stop waiting.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
I naively hope to persuade. They think that everyone condemning the Burnley banner and similar is a left wing, anti White British traitor or politically correct liberal. Far from it, it’s a ‘broad church’ who know right from wrong.

Is that a reference to me?
You're hoping to persuade me? How so?

That's quite the assumption there.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
Yeah I get it. Some are giving the impression white people have it easy though. Racism seems to be slowing dying out in the UK (it's nothing like it was in the 80's for example), of course there stll is, and probably always will be, some minority racists and they should rightfully be challenged. Imo I think the bigger challege is stopping black people from killing each other and fixing the broken homes, poor parenting and instilling a sense of self discipline and self responsibility in young people. Also more funding needs to be given to the police (as well as reform), not less funding. BLM seem to be anti-police, I can't get behind that.

Very good post, if we can get all the blacks to stop thinking of themselves as victims all the time and educate them into looking after their own house then maybe we can put an end to all this racism and black lives matter nonesense once and for all. I’ve noticed it’s starting to do more harm than good now with many people getting fed up of their whinging. Certainly the kneeling before matches in support of that white cop that killed the black rapist in America needs to stop. It’s sending out the complete wrong message.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Nothing ever got mended
By standing there shouting “I’m offended”

The Idles.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019

It's founders are Marxist and it's no secret. Saying that doesn't make me a 'rabid racist'.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Is that a reference to me?
You're hoping to persuade me? How so?

That's quite the assumption there.

Not directed at you.

In general in heated political debates, sometimes I try to tone the discussion down, learn something myself and persuade others perhaps?

Rigid thinking is bad for the mind, trust me.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Very good post, if we can get all the blacks to stop thinking of themselves as victims all the time and educate them into looking after their own house then maybe we can put an end to all this racism and black lives matter nonesense once and for all. I’ve noticed it’s starting to do more harm than good now with many people getting fed up of their whinging. Certainly the kneeling before matches in support of that white cop that killed the black rapist in America needs to stop. It’s sending out the complete wrong message.

Feck me

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Just google 'patrisse cullors marxist' if you want to find the quote.

I did. Like I say, I found the quote from them a bit strange. Still, there seems to be a concerted effort to discredit them by screaming "marxist!" People are generally on board with the anti-racism thing so they're attacked from a different angle.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
Not directed at you.

In general in heated political debates, sometimes I try to tone the discussion down, learn something myself and persuade others perhaps?

Rigid thinking is bad for the mind, trust me.

I completely agree and that's one of the biggest issues.

More and more people have stopped listening to one another and are unwilling to see other people's POV. All we get are labels being thrown around instead of engaging with people.
It's a big reason why there is a growing divide between the left and the right (both sides are to blame for this imo as well as the media and the influence of social media). I see it getting worse sadly.
Brexit was apparently a shock to people, but that's only because people didn't want to listen and others stopped giving their opinion in fear of being labled a racist (I voted to remain FWIW..). If you watch Jonathan Pie's videos he explains this very well, especially his videos after Trump got elected and after the Brexit vote.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Please...Baker lite....I was told earlier that the tongue in cheek use of ' atrocity ' had gone over the top of my head....and now I see it again. Is this a serious use of the word or not?

If you're still in doubt, have a look at some of his other posts to get an idea of his views.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
I did. Like I say, I found the quote from them a bit strange. Still, there seems to be a concerted effort to discredit them by screaming "marxist!" People are generally on board with the anti-racism thing so they're attacked from a different angle.

I wasn't screaming anything.

If their leadership and defunding of the police is of no concern to you that's fine, doesn't mean others can't hold a different view and it doesn't necessarily mean they are racist for doing so.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I completely agree and that's one of the biggest issues.

More and more people have stopped listening to one another and are unwilling to see other people's POV. All we get are labels being thrown around instead of engaging with people.
It's a big reason why there is a growing divide between the left and the right (both sides are to blame for this imo as well as the media and the influence of social media). I see it getting worse sadly.
Brexit was apparently a shock to people, but that's only because people didn't want to listen and others stopped giving their opinion in fear of being labled a racist (I voted to remain FWIW..). If you watch Jonathan Pie's videos he explains this very well, especially his videos after Trump got elected and after the Brexit vote.

John Humphreys (a staunch Remainer) was illuminating after his R4 retirement.

He said that the BBC’s management culture behind closed doors had spent years poo-pooing the heart felt concerns from across the the UK about mass immigration, the effect on their communities and trades. Dismissing the countless millions as either racist or not as worthy as them. Imho if governments and influential others such as the BBC had listened over the last 23 years, been more flexible of thinking, compromises could’ve been made. We wouldn’t have ended up with the split of the nation right down the middle.

[I’m a Remainer btw, but respect the views of the many Brexiteers I personally know].

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here