Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"White Lives Matter Burnley" banner flown over the Etihad

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
He's a black American who thinks that Trump is a better president than Obama, which is interesting.

He's no fan of Trump but he believes Obama was the worst President in the history of The USA. His comment before the 2016 election was he couldn't believe the country would vote for a huge egotist like Trump having just suffered eight years under the huge egotist that was Obama.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Cunning Fergus has a long history of linking to things which don't say what he claims. I used to call him out on it but life's too short to read the often long and tedious articles he misrepresents.

I actually LOVE the fact that his first post on this thread started "What about....". It's all he has. Ever. He warbles on thinking that he sounds oh so clever, but without ever actually making a valid point. While everyone else (ppf aside) cringes.

The stupid racist imbecile (sorry, but it's gloves off when it comes to this nasty piece of work).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He's no fan of Trump but he believes Obama was the worst President in the history of The USA. His comment before the 2016 election was he couldn't believe the country would vote for a huge egotist like Trump having just suffered eight years under the huge egotist that was Obama.

Bit of a **** then?

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Bit of a **** then?

No, a brilliant mind but unfortunately he's ninety this year. Obviously Mr Sowell won't appeal to most on here as he has always refused to sit in the box the left think all blacks should stay in, as Joe Biden revealed the other week.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
No, a brilliant mind but unfortunately he's ninety this year. Obviously Mr Sowell won't appeal to most on here as he has always refused to sit in the box the left think all blacks should stay in, as Joe Biden revealed the other week.

That's not even Egglish.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Whose life is specially protected and what form of protection are you suggesting?
Most Jews are white but they are the most persecuted race on earth. White children bully other white children because they might be deemed to be slightly different, affecting their development and future lives. I was bullied incessantly on the school bus because I happened to go to a different school from the majority. Ganged up on,kicked, punched and insulted. No special protection there. The perpetrators were all white. I was overlooked for two job promotions early in life ( in a multi-national ) because I didn't have a university education. Pure, unadulterated, discrimination. It goes on all the time. A lot of it has nothing to do with ethnicity or colour, its all down to background and privilege and not necessarily, ability. Most white people have no chance of breaking down this form of institutionalised selectivity. The answer is to do it yourself. There is opportunity out there for everybody, irrespective of race, colour or creed. Anyone can start out on their own. No one is stopping them. We have to keep incentivising people. We need wealth creation to prosper. We need to be moving away from this victim culture we are all part of and show those who want to perpetuate a black/white divide for their own agenda, a different and more inclusive way forward.

I'm one of those white people who went to the sink or swim state comp, who did it myself, without any interest from my parents (normal in the 70's and 80's, except for the even then, savvy upper middle class). But being bright, having a knack for exams and probably being old in my year, I've ended up in a decent position in my life.

I actually agree with you about self fortitude. I don't believe in a levelling down.

But would I have faced the torment of racism at school then by being black, would I have failed to get the first job in my professional? My guess would be yes to both.

I'm usually one of the first on NSC to condemn bullying of any sort, antisemitism (much to the annoyance of NSC's hard left disciples), condemn convicted offenders including the Asian sex grooming gangs. So my sense of justice is pretty comprehensive and consistent to many sections of society.

White Lives Matter isn't a positive campaign to lift the opportunities of the white underprivileged. It's a banner (literally last night) to counter the increased campaign to stamp out the racism faced by the likes of Ian Wright, Dion Dublin and others. It's not a binary choice of wishing to erase racism, whilst not giving a jot about antisemitism, abuse of women, the abuse of kids, aiding the genuinely poor. We can want them all.

Last edited:

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I actually LOVE the fact that his first post on this thread started "What about....". It's all he has. Ever. He warbles on thinking that he sounds oh so clever, but without ever actually making a valid point. While everyone else (ppf aside) cringes.

The stupid racist imbecile (sorry, but it's gloves off when it comes to this nasty piece of work).

Cunning Fergus doesn't appear to be remotely racist from a quick look at his recent posts. He seems rather sensible. You, on the other hand appear to have a strange idea of what a nasty piece of work or a stupid, racist imbecile is.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I feel genuinely sorry for decent Burnley fans (and there are many) that their club has been dragged down by a (substantial) minority of racist bigots. The perpetrator of this classless act will have achieved his/her objective - it's a rallying cry to likeminded neanderthals up and down the country, causing outrage and attempting to further divide an already fractured nation......

You've used the word substantial correctly.

We need more honesty around the "tiny minorities" which exist in football fan communities. Burnley as a town and a club have a problem with racism. They should come out and admit it. It's the first step to tackling it.

Sure, there are only a few people actively putting their heads above the parapet, but there is a wall of silence, indifference, from probably a majority which has allowed this to fester. It's a very similar situation to where football hooliganism exists (again, some clubs and nations have a big problem, which they pretend is a tiny minority). It can only surface if there's a silent acceptance; a large number of people prepared to look the other way.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

No need for that.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If you'd have asked me 5 years ago, I'd have said that racism had been all but eradicated from football and largely from society. The last few years have been completely sobering. They have reminded me that there are widespread views, beyond my middle class social grouping in my progressive city which I can barely comprehend. And millions have them. Maybe they are new beliefs? Maybe they always had them? I don't know.

I'm appalled that the values of the UK and the western world seem to have gone backwards in the last few years. Again, 5 years ago I would have told you that they only really go forward.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

I see, so “gloves off” for you means that you have free rein to accuse someone you consider to be mentally retarded with racism for expressing an opinion you disagree with?

As an imbecile you will appreciate that it’s difficult for me to understand why the violent murder of 2 young black men in a single gun related incident in Manchester on Saturday was seemingly less important to the media than the violent murder of 3 white men in Reading on the same day.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-53135677

If we are to change the ingrained systemic racism that exists in the U.K. the stories of these 2 young black men should have been as important as the 3 white men in Reading?

An opportunity to present these 2 Black lads to the wider public so we can understand their lives has been missed, in contrast one provided by the media and Government provided for the Reading victims. No minutes silence, or Home Secretary leaving flowers at the scene of their deaths.

That’s very sad and the kind of grievance I would expect BLM supporters and especially local ones like Micah Richards to be making their views known.

As I said, it’s hard to know what to think these days but then again I am a simple minded half wit.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lowlife has also damaged, probably, the economy of Blackpool airport, the banner flying company (who probably were quite tvvattish in not pre-vetting banner contents) and all the supporting workers, from the banner makers on down. Harsh lesson for all concerned. Know Your Customer. Exert Judgement. For sure times are hard, and cashflow king, but don't just take the money off ****s and wash your hands of the content

Last edited:

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Would it be better to not mention the gross inequality and systemic racism of the USA and just hope that everyone pulls themselves up by their bootstraps? Maybe we could swish the problems away, Doc :D

I think it is about a balance. Address systemic problems with action, without creating a disempowering narrative for individuals and communities. If we don't do the latter we will have problems without progress.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
If you'd have asked me 5 years ago, I'd have said that racism had been all but eradicated from football and largely from society. The last few years have been completely sobering. They have reminded me that there are widespread views, beyond my middle class social grouping in my progressive city which I can barely comprehend. And millions have them. Maybe they are new beliefs? Maybe they always had them? I don't know.

I'm appalled that the values of the UK and the western world seem to have gone backwards in the last few years. Again, 5 years ago I would have told you that they only really go forward.

Are you able to substantiate any of that ? It comes across as a bit of a superiority complex about your social group and where you live. Not a good look to casually insult people although the ‘5 years’ bit is probably the giveaway (referendum reference by any chance ?). This thread has descended into the same old name calling and hopefully is headed to the bear pit.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I think it is about a balance. Address systemic problems with action, without creating a disempowering narrative for individuals and communities. If we don't do the latter we will have problems without progress.

I see your point and you're totally right that we need empoweing narratives as well as positive role models. But highlighting the current reality is necessary if we are to make progress. We can't right wrongs if we refuse to admit they exist.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

What box would the right have blacks stay in? Honest question - and no way to say it without sounding provocative (which I'm not.).

This might well be the crux of the matter - BLM does not want any black person to sit in any box that has been constructed by someone else for them to stay in.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Are you able to substantiate any of that ? It comes across as a bit of a superiority complex about your social group and where you live. Not a good look to casually insult people although the ‘5 years’ bit is probably the giveaway (referendum reference by any chance ?). This thread has descended into the same old name calling and hopefully is headed to the bear pit.

More to do with who was in the White House. Would have said 4 years if I was talking about brexit.

Not superior about my mates and where I come from. Just none of them have every suffered from racism and everyone I know has a similarly liberal world view. Very surprised at just how racism has become more prevalent, or less hidden in the last few years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here