Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Whiskey that smells and tastes of TCP - WTF is it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not Laphroaig. I have some and I like it, but it isn't TCPee enough.

I visited a distillery up from Inverness 20 years ago and bought some of this nectar but can't remember what it was.

Help gratefully appreciated.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Try Port instead , nicer, easier to drink and far less snobby rubbish spoken about it.

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
I hate to be the pedant, but whiskey is from USA or Ireland so it can't be any if the Scotch ones mentioned.
I'm not a whisky (or whiskey) man myself but a very good friend was in the trade and taught me the difference!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Thanks. Yes I was looking at that review earlier. But on the seller page they seem to go out of their way to not say 'TCP'. That may explain why I can't bring up a single hit other than pejoratively in reviews....
I visited Bruichladdich two decades ago, and interviewed the guy that re-founded it. They have a stunning range of Islays. Their 10yo in the frosted blue bottle has it all. On top of that, they have a vast range. One within that was specially designed for TCP-heads. For me, it was horrible, but some like that kind of stuff.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Not Laphroaig. I have some and I like it, but it isn't TCPee enough.

I visited a distillery up from Inverness 20 years ago and bought some of this nectar but can't remember what it was.

Help gratefully appreciated.
E is your problem H if you`ll pardon the pun . You bought Whisky , when you should have bought Whiskey , us Irish make it like silk slipping over a maidens soft thigh with an aroma and a promise of heaven , and only heaven knows what the Scott`s make .

I have an ulcer and can`t drink the top shelf , except for a beautiful triple distilled single Irish malt , any Whisky i have tried bends me double with acid .

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I have an ulcer and can`t drink the top shelf , except for a beautiful triple distilled single Irish malt , any Whisky i have tried bends me double with acid .
As a broke teenager, I hitched around NI with a mate in the 80s, primarily to check out the Irish pub/live music scene. I remember us pitching up near the Bushmills Distillery but when we got there, it was closed (being a Sunday). I hammered on the gate for ages, explaining we had to be moving on the next morning and instead of letting us buy any whiskey (it being a Sunday an‘ all) , we walked away with 4 miniatures of Bushmills Black Bush double distilled Single Malt - while it might not be to everyone’s taste, sitting in a tent in rural N Ireland in the middle of a rainstorm, with soaking wet clothes, no food and nothing more than a few coins in your pocket, I’m telling ya, it was the best damned single malt whiskey I had ever tasted or have ever tasted since.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here