Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whing suspension

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
As he picked up his tenth yellow yesterday, will it be the Walsall and Donny games that he's suspended for?
Or has the amnesty date passed?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Check the Sports Argus.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It was a bloody stupid yellow. Two minutes earlier he had been warned by the ref about shouting at him; and then what does he go and do? Extremely unprofessional.

I thought the same.
Dougdeep, I know what the Argus says. I am querying that because of the Cup yellow making it 10.
That's why I am asking.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He was on 8 after the Orient game so if he's picked up 2 since then, it is 10.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I thought the same.
Dougdeep, I know what the Argus says. I am querying that because of the Cup yellow making it 10.
That's why I am asking.

Soccerbase has him on 9 yellow cards after yesterday and that inculdes the FA Cup match.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Well if it is 10, Whing will be able to play on Tuesday as El-Abd picked up he’s 5th booking at Cheltenham but still played in the Tuesday night game 3 days later.
Interesting to note that one of his booking was against Swansea in the JPT, but as that’s a football league trophy game it might be slightly different case.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The 5 yellow card rule has your suspension start a week after you got the 5th yellow.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Soccerbase has him on 9 yellow cards after yesterday and that inculdes the FA Cup match.

Does the fact that he got two in one match (Tranmere) and a subsequent red, rule out one of them?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bizarrely I have JUST seen Andy (or 'D-Wing' as he is on our trails!) at the checkout at Asda Marina, and I asked him - "it's ok," he said "it's only the nine".

Glad to be of service :thumbsup:

Thanks Paula. As I asked above (with a question mark) the red for the Tranmere match must have overruled the second yellow.
(I was sad enough to check each match report on the official site which does state he has 10 yellows)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here