Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which two teams are going up from the Championship automatically?

spanishdave

Jul 30, 2013
Hove
Im going for a Forest and Watford automatic promotion then I think Cardiff, Norwich, Brighton and Wolves for play offs? (Not in order). But just like last year the league is a difficult one and theres plenty of other teams that could make play offs eg. Bournemouth, Ipswich, derby

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Teams at the wrong end at the moment who could have an impact, still a lot of games to play, like Fulham as I am sure Felix will get it right and Blackpool if Owen Coyle takes over this week, as suggested by The Sun.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Teams at the wrong end at the moment who could have an impact, still a lot of games to play, like Fulham as I am sure Felix will get it right and Blackpool if Owen Coyle takes over this week, as suggested by The Sun.

Let me just clarify this. You're suggesting Blackpool are in with a shout of automatic promotion.

Behave.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why not still 120 point or thereabouts to play for and Owen Coyle is proven in this division, if not automatic could make play offs.

This thread is about automatic promotion.

I will tell you why. Because they are bloody awful. Because their entire squad is populated with journeymen who've been released by other clubs and whom literally nobody else in the Championship offered a contract to (God knows why this is the case with Orlandi, but I can only assume his injury record clouds people's judgement).

Fulham, alright. I can accept that somebody might take a punt on them getting their act together and going on a scorching run. They have the players, even if they don't seem to like their manager very much. But Blackpool have as much chance of automatic promotion as I do of winning the Nobel Peace prize.

Owen Coyle was sacked as Bolton manager while they were in the Championship, and resigned as Wigan manager while he had a side quite capable of an immediate return to the top flight. He may well have got Burnley promoted once, but you're having a laugh if you think he's going to get this demoralised, shabby Blackpool squad up there :lol:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
My prediction before the season started was Forest to win it.
I think a Derby second.

The Brian Clough double obviously.

Was going to say Watford but think there'll just about scrape into the play-offs on the last day of the season now

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I believe Derby, Forest and Norwich have the strongest squads.

Forest have the strongest team in the division and though I don't regard Pearce as any kind of visionary, he's solid enough to get them over the line. McLaren is more canny but despite their obvious attacking strengths, I think Derby will leak more goals. Norwich should push them both, but it's also a Cloughie 1-2 for me. I can see Cardiff and Watford in the play-offs, with Blackburn, Charlton (they looked a decent side huh?) and Boro all pushing for the final slots.

I don't want to include the Albion in my prediction, in case I jinx them!

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Sorry didnt read it properly was thinking more of play off possibles.

There is absolutely no chance whatsoever that Blackpool will be anywhere near the play offs. They have the worst squad in the division by quite some distance, and Coyle is a terrible manager. Bolton and Wigan fans will tell you that. They're pretty much relegation certainties in my eyes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There is absolutely no chance whatsoever that Blackpool will be anywhere near the play offs. They have the worst squad in the division by quite some distance, and Coyle is a terrible manager. Bolton and Wigan fans will tell you that. They're pretty much relegation certainties in my eyes.

That is at the moment but if Oyston releases some funds the loan window opens today plus out of contract players available. 1st 2 signings Kuszczak and Eagles both good Championship players. It is all dependant on how much Oyston makes available for wages with FFP not being too much of a problem.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
That is at the moment but if Oyston releases some funds the loan window opens today plus out of contract players available. 1st 2 signings Kuszczak and Eagles both good Championship players. It is all dependant on how much Oyston makes available for wages with FFP not being too much of a problem.

True, but I really wouldn't bank on Oyston releasing any funds. He's a complete scumbag. The transfer window is over and I highly doubt that even with decent funds, they could create a squad good enough to challenge relying solely on loans and free transfers. Agree Kuszczak and Eagles would be good signings but I doubt either would go there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here