Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which striker/strikers would you aim to bring in this summer?

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Why not Matt Smith, he is a good foil to bring in the midfield, seems to have a bit about him, with a good run in the team he could prove himself. Been around the championship and league one, scores different sorts of goals and should be affordable, right size, reasonably quick and can pick a pass, ideal in my opinion.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Marvin Emnes.

Doesn't get much game time at Swansea.

Oh, and while we're at it, please can we have Leo back?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ulloa
Baldock
O'Grady
Zamora

would be a decent set of 4 strikers to have.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Alexander Mitrovic or Anthony Martial. And while we're at it get in Youri Tielemans from Anderlecht. Those who know, will KNOW.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
With CMS I don't think we'll offer him the same wages he's on currently and unfortunatly (in some ways) I think someone else will overpay him per week and take him on a freebie.

If we have Baldock (who's a striker not a week in week out winger) and COG we only need one stud striker to come in and reckon it will be a foreigner in the Ulloa mold and the gamble will define our season one way or another

Feb 14, 2010
This is what we are paying the manager for. All I hope is that he is better at it than those who went before him. I still have no idea how someone can make a career out of football and think it was a good idea to pay £2 Million odd for CMS whilst letting Murray go to our rivals because of a pay rise. Anyone who knew anything about football could see thatMurray had skill and could finish. CMS? That decision cost us the Premier League. One thing is for sure, they really do need to get it right if this club is to do anything.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is what we are paying the manager for. All I hope is that he is better at it than those who went before him. I still have no idea how someone can make a career out of football and think it was a good idea to pay £2 Million odd for CMS whilst letting Murray go to our rivals because of a pay rise. Anyone who knew anything about football could see thatMurray had skill and could finish. CMS? That decision cost us the Premier League. One thing is for sure, they really do need to get it right if this club is to do anything.

When we signed CMS .we thought we had done well and beat off serious competition but it was the manner in which he was used and his injury which f....d him up.

Feb 14, 2010
When we signed CMS .we thought we had done well and beat off serious competition but it was the manner in which he was used and his injury which f....d him up.

No mate, its not "how we use him", its his ball control, finishing and lack of ability to lose a marker in the box. Just look at his ball control - as good as Murray? No and that was evident when we bought him. Finding space inbox? No, not as good as Murray, again evident when we bought him. Finishing? No, not as good as Murray and again, evident when we bought him. Simply put, someone thought he was a better striker than Murray and how they ever did is just astounding. It was when we bought him and yes I said it (as did people I was with) after his first few games. It was just obvious after you watched him a few times. Some people are just more talented than others and Murray is more talented than CMS.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

Agree that most were quite excited by his arrival. Not sure I agree about the rest.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
His plus is that prior to his injury he had scored 11 goals in just over half a season so on track for 20 that season.

20 goal a season strikers are sought after and expensive, then came his injury, the rest is history.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
After next season all the 1901s have to either renew or not. I think this will be in the minds of Bloom and co, and will reflect on our summer transfer. Couple this with having a manager all summer, I'm hoping we will have smiles on our faces come September rather than frowns, whoever comes in.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
After next season all the 1901s have to either renew or not. I think this will be in the minds of Bloom and co, and will reflect on our summer transfer. Couple this with having a manager all summer, I'm hoping we will have smiles on our faces come September rather than frowns, whoever comes in.
I agree.

Whereas Tony may not want to spend big every year, if he's prepared to occasionally, then this summer is the one to do it.

1901 renewals must surely be a factor.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I agree.

Whereas Tony may not want to spend big every year, if he's prepared to occasionally, then this summer is the one to do it.

Even if we managed a Wembley final without making it to the Premiership, I think will be enough to make most renew, and I'm sure it will be for another 5 years. I have a good feeling about next year (although that doesn't mean I think we will definitely go up).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree.

He spent big for Gus then 2 years of bringing in money rather than spending it so I think he could spend big this summer then if we fail again sit back for a couple of years .to recoup some money. Then try again in season 18/19.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Will Best ever score again .....will Sam want another season on the wing.....will COG yearn for the North again.....will CMS accept a huge drop in wages for a one year contract........?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Will Best ever score again .....will Sam want another season on the wing.....will COG yearn for the North again.....will CMS accept a huge drop in wages for a one year contract........?

Best was quoted as saying he hoped to score 6 goals for us bfore the end of the season. Dont think Sam would be happy for that. COG will o back up north I would think as he doesnt appear to be a goal scorer. CMS is 31 so I would think a 2 year contract on much the same wages taking into count inflation and wage rises.since he signed for us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think Baldock will be the only one of the current four here next year, although I'd like O'Grady to stay.

So we need 3 new strikers ( assuming COG goes ).

It's just dreaming to suggest we have any chance of getting Leo back, but he should be a top target.

I can see Zamora actually coming back, and that would be excellent as 1 of the 4, but clearly he wouldn't play every week.

The 4th choice could be a younger one for the future, so my 4 would be.

Ulloa or equivalent
Baldock
Zamora
Younger striker with potential.

If COG stays, then great, just Ulloa and Zamora please, Tony.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here