Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Which pub would you choose?

Which Pub will you use?

• Total voters

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The question - if I understand what they are trying to achieve correctly - is slightly misleading.

1. The Covid Passport pub would be without masks and the need for the rule of 6. To all intents and purposes it sounds like it would be like a boozer was before this shit show kicked off
2. The non COVID passport pub would be rule of 6, 2 households, masks when you need to go for a slash and table service only.

If that is the case, and like most things it would appear that the government is testing the water at the minute, I'd rather be in a (1) pub every time.

For all the "civil liberties" crowd. Your phone tracks you everywhere you go, your bank card can trace what you have spent and where, the Alexa in your house can listen to you asking the wife what's for tea, your ISP will throw out your search history if asked and someone, somewheres CCTV is watching you fart as you walk down the street. The privacy ship has long since set sail.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Whichever is nicer. Although the passport one is likely to be closing early as the clientele will be old people.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The vaccine passport one - although for my first night out after such a long time , would prefer it to be at the American bar at the Savoy rather than just a pub . Hope that doesn’t sound snobby.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The one without the anti-vax bell cheeses.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The vaccine passport one - although for my first night out after such a long time , would prefer it to be at the American bar at the Savoy rather than just a pub . Hope that doesn’t sound snobby.

89A59B47-EE47-490D-B6B4-2F29BF50C5DA.jpeg

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'd choose this one but I don't know what it's called or where it is.

attachment.php

Can anybody help?

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Until people of all ages have had the chance to have the vaccine I wouldn't consider using a vaccine pub. Most young people have lost a year in their lives to a significant extent to protect extremely vulnerable people like me and using facilities to which they have no access would seem a strange way to show my gratitude. I would aim to use pubs to which everyone has access that have good safety measures. If they are buggered up by covid deniers, anti-vaxxers and other champions of liberty, I guess it is continuing to drink at home and maybe in pub gardens.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The question - if I understand what they are trying to achieve correctly - is slightly misleading.

1. The Covid Passport pub would be without masks and the need for the rule of 6. To all intents and purposes it sounds like it would be like a boozer was before this shit show kicked off
2. The non COVID passport pub would be rule of 6, 2 households, masks when you need to go for a slash and table service only.

If that is the case, and like most things it would appear that the government is testing the water at the minute, I'd rather be in a (1) pub every time.

For all the "civil liberties" crowd. Your phone tracks you everywhere you go, your bank card can trace what you have spent and where, the Alexa in your house can listen to you asking the wife what's for tea, your ISP will throw out your search history if asked and someone, somewheres CCTV is watching you fart as you walk down the street. The privacy ship has long since set sail.
Out of interest where would your civil liberties line cross at? Some random doorman having access to your medical history? Credit status? as your covid passport is scanned? Before you can blink we will be like China with social credit reporting.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Out of interest where would your civil liberties line cross at? Some random doorman having access to your medical history? Credit status? as your covid passport is scanned? Before you can blink we will be like China with social credit reporting.

Why not the same questions regarding going to watch a football match?

May 5, 2020
Sussex

Having two different pub schemes makes a mockery of the passport anyway as the people in the 2 different pubs will be mixing in the street,taxi rank,kebab shop,trains etc.
The vaccine pubs will be more like some sort of exclusive VIP vaccine only members club while others in society won't be allowed access.
And yes there is already a large amount of surveillance but there is still a choice to have a mobile phone,Alexa ,internet,etc.the vaccine passports are a way of forcing everyone into having a mobile phone and an electronic ID card.
The privacy ship has definitely not sailed yet but we can see what life on ship will be like if we look at the tech driven surveillance state in China.
We must do what we can to fight the virus but at the same time we must keep one eye on making sure post pandemic our society is a free society for future generations.

D

Deleted member 2719

This poll suggests that 33% are happy to keep the virus moving through the nation and causing more lockdowns and unemployment.

Please tell me if there is another angle on this?

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
As I'm vaccinated it is immaterial to my health but I'd opt for the vaccine pub because at least some of the clientel in the other would be anti vaxxer nobbers.

In my short time on here i have noted you have a distinctive way with words that fits your new avatar , bloody brilliant always have a laugh :lolol:

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Until people of all ages have had the chance to have the vaccine I wouldn't consider using a vaccine pub. Most young people have lost a year in their lives to a significant extent to protect extremely vulnerable people like me and using facilities to which they have no access would seem a strange way to show my gratitude. I would aim to use pubs to which everyone has access that have good safety measures. If they are buggered up by covid deniers, anti-vaxxers and other champions of liberty, I guess it is continuing to drink at home and maybe in pub gardens.

Extremely honourable but this alas will not be a one off , so enjoy ( legally and morally ) while you can .

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset

Shirley this " passport " will merely be proof that you have had the vaccination , not the 10 digit code to the countries nuclear arms launch codes ?

If someone said hey mate had ya jab , you wouldn`t take offence , so how can a little itty bitty piece of card steal your identity

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here