Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which pre RDZ players would have thrived under him?

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Ian Wright, Peter ward, Steve getting, Gary Stevens, Ken Tiler, Brian Horton, Peter OSullivan, Tony Towner, Jimmy Case, Danny Wilson - all of the better footballers basically.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
People listing so many players who completely fell away and wouldn’t even get close to this team.

Taking Ince and they greyhound for instance. Both very technically poor for the level they played at for us. Not a chance they would have done any better under RDZ. I certainly wouldn’t have wanted to see either of those on the ball any more than they were.

Davy Propper in the 10 role for RDZ potentially could have been interesting.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Steve Sidwell.
Bobby Zamora.
Nicky Forster.
Gary Hart.
Kazenga Lua Lua.
Liam Bridcutt.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Disagree about Knocky. He was brilliant, amazing, but self focused.

Ben White, Ali J... Schelotto?
I reckon RDZ and Knocky would have had a huge bust up.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Given the chances we create, I think Glen Murray would have scored even more under RDZ than under any other manager.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
I reckon RDZ and Knocky would have had a huge bust up.
I think RdZ would respect his passion... but not his selfishness on the ball. I loved / love AK - but lets remember that there was usually one too many step overs, a refusal to make a pass. It's why he got the heave ho (that and i think he had a drinking reputation).

He was important under Hughton who needed a maverick to break away from a rigid defensive system...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here