Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which players may leave in January ?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Nah. Nobody ever believes CH keeps people out of the 18 for "tactical" reasons. Its always some other guff that a good sauce has coughed up and becomes the bloomin' gospel... (he's for sale, secret injury, discipline, medical, personal, etc etc)

I'm of the view that you're normally right, so here's one to test your powers: CH left Knockaert out of the first team for 'tactical' reasons, but didn't even manage to include him in the 18. I'm wondering when was the last occasion that Knockaert has been left out of the 18, when not injured or suspended. He was certainly fully fit against Spurs and Burnley, and put in a real shift, so might CH have been economical with the truth in invoking 'tactical' reasons for Knockaert's absence against Huddersfield?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'm of the view that you're normally right, so here's one to test your powers: CH left Knockaert out of the first team for 'tactical' reasons, but didn't even manage to include him in the 18. I'm wondering when was the last occasion that Knockaert has been left out of the 18, when not injured or suspended. He was certainly fully fit against Spurs and Burnley, and put in a real shift, so might CH have been economical with the truth in invoking 'tactical' reasons for Knockaert's absence against Huddersfield?

Resting a player , who has been a virtual ever present , trying out other players , ahead of a xmas fixture pile up is hardly that odd. Many managers do it.

Both Hughton and AK presumably agreed on a consistent story to er, lie to the press if there was more to it.

Not sure why CH is never taken at face value when players aren’t in the 18. Someone has to miss out.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Worth a go, AK has struggled massively to bring his attacking game to the PL. Managers often leave out first teamers not in form.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Resting a player , who has been a virtual ever present , trying out other players , ahead of a xmas fixture pile up is hardly that odd. Many managers do it.

Both Hughton and AK presumably agreed on a consistent story to er, lie to the press if there was more to it.

Not sure why CH is never taken at face value when players aren’t in the 18. Someone has to miss out.

Because everyone loves a consipracy theory, that's why.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
SB.....is something different .....fit but never plays !!!! Can score the odd goal even.The man needs to be sold if CH does not fancy him IMO.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
So the rumour is that AK requested a transfer but still travelled to Huddersfield even though he was dropped? Doesn't really make sense and it doesn't sound like the way Hughton would deal with it.

As for Baldock there is no point rushing him back after injury but as soon as Murray or Hemed gets injured or fatigued it will be his turn to step up. I see it as giving him good recovery time and saving him for the second part of the season. If Baldock is free from injury I believe he has Prem quality so he could be our secret weapon.

That said, f he breaks after a couple of games his career is over.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe the greatest indication of where we stand with SB will be away to Chelsea when Brown isnt eligible so surely he will be on the bench again. If not the writing is on the wall I think.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
SB.....is something different .....fit but never plays !!!! Can score the odd goal even.The man needs to be sold if CH does not fancy him IMO.
*Home Grown Player*

Sell Baldock and fail to replace him with another Home Grown ( who are rare and expensive in January ) and we are down to the minimum we are allowed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here