Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which Player Are You Most Excited About Next Season?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I’ve just looked through last seasons goals on youtube and Solly March was really outstanding. It was a bit of a breakout season for him and I am really looking forward to seeing him kick on.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Buonanotte - this time next year we will be fending off bids for silly money

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Billy Gilmour. Sky is the limit for him, imho.
Oooh, I forgot about WBG. I really, really want him to succeed. We've had to listen to thousands of plastic overseas (and domestic) Blues droning on endlessly about Cucurella, and Potter & his team, and Caicedo, and Colwill. It would be a delight if Billy had an outstanding season and made a mockery of the £8 million we paid for him. I want to see Chelsea fans FUMING again.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
So many to pick from of course, but for me.......

1. Adringa (underestimated, had a better loan season than Mitoma at USG)
2. Joao Pedro (considering what RDZ has done to Mitoma and March, could be incredible for us)
3. Ferguson (a whole season of this fella now!)

Honerable mentions...
Buonanotte, Enciso, Sarmiento, Dahoud, Mitoma, Moder, Verbruggen, Gilmour
Welbeck, one of the greatest striker to ever player for the club. Why isnt he in your list?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
One of football life's great pleasures.
The gift that keeps on giving.
I don't know: it's not that pleasurable at the moment, knowing that at some point they will stump up the right price for Caicedo and we will have to watch the inevitable nauseating reveal where he bullshits in the same way that Cucurella did about how much he's dreamed of playing for Chelsea (rather like when he once told the Ecuadorean media that he'd always wanted to play for Manchester United, and similar to that time in January when his lifelong aspirations of lining up alongside Granit Xhaka and Rob Holding were revealed). Also, the whole Colwill thing. I've always loathed Chelsea fans. They attract complete idiots like no other club, they really do.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I can't choose, so many that have huge potential that we have not fully seen yet, and quite a few that we have come to expect a lot from.
All the teenagers, and all the new faces, I suppose, and hopefully I can get excited about the return of Moder, Lamptey and Alzate.

I am more thinking that although last season was very successful, we had a fair bit of disruption, we lost 2 key players in Bissouma and Cucurella, had a change of head coach after 6 games, then Mwepu forced to retire, sold our leading scorer in January, had to rest Caicedo after Arsenal interest, gave a little holiday to Mac Allister for winning the world cup, 1st choice keeper bailed out, regular apologies from PGMOL for getting major decisions wrong, and suffered an extra time and penalty defeat that was exhausting and demoralising in the congested end of season.
I am excited to see what De Zerbi can do with this bunch without most of that shit going on, but hopefully just a lot of extra cup games to contend with.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I am more thinking that although last season was very successful, we had a fair bit of disruption, we lost 2 key players in Bissouma and Cucurella, had a change of head coach after 6 games, then Mwepu forced to retire, sold our leading scorer in January, had to rest Caicedo after Arsenal interest, gave a little holiday to Mac Allister for winning the world cup, 1st choice keeper bailed out, regular apologies from PGMOL for getting major decisions wrong, and suffered an extra time and penalty defeat that was exhausting and demoralising in the congested end of season.
I am excited to see what De Zerbi can do with this bunch without most of that shit going on, but hopefully just a lot of extra cup games to contend with.

Don't think for one second that the refereeing will suddenly improve. Or that other clubs won't be looking at our manager. On the plus side, the European Super League legends of the EPL all have managers who are either well set (City, Arsenal, Liverpool, United), or new enough that they won't be firing them any time soon (Spurs). I mean, there's always comedy club Chelsea, but surely even Mr Toad won't come looking at Brighton managers again this side of 2030.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Don't think for one second that the refereeing will suddenly improve. Or that other clubs won't be looking at our manager. On the plus side, the European Super League legends of the EPL all have managers who are either well set (City, Arsenal, Liverpool, United), or new enough that they won't be firing them any time soon (Spurs). I mean, there's always comedy club Chelsea, but surely even Mr Toad won't come looking at Brighton managers again this side of 2030.
It felt like we got the rough end of shit officiating last season, I am hoping for at least greater equality of shit officiating.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
There’s 2 for me. After watching the video with every goal from this season two things struck me. Firstly, the evolution of our team last season was bonkers. New, inexperienced players kept coming in and shining. So one player is Buonanotte.

Much like Mac Allister at the start of his spell, he has had a bedding in period of about 6 months and has kept things simple and built up his confidence.

In the last few games there were glimpses of his turn of pace and balance that can make a defender look like they’re glued to the floor. I hope he’s unleashed a bit more next season, it could be frightening.

Secondly, the video highlights that some of our mainstays are ridiculously classy footballers. So Pascal Gross. Because he’s Pascal Gross. He is involved in most of our goals in some way, and understands football better than most footballers.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I'll probably confidently state that he's past it 2-3 times next season, and be proven wrong every time. Evergreen.
Knowing you’re going to do this, and be proven wrong, might it be prudent to not do it in the first place?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Knowing you’re going to do this, and be proven wrong, might it be prudent to not do it in the first place?
You'd think wouldn't you? But many of us are like moths to a flame.

Good to see Milner and Dahoud brought in - that's the Gross replacement well and truly sorted...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I've been trying to write down what I think our strongest starting 11 is (no football for this long is not going well for me) and I genuinely can't do it. So many players to be excited about for next season.

I think Enciso is going to have a real breakout season and Adingra and Joao Pedro look like real threats. If Fergie stays fit, no reason why he can't net 20 league goals next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here