Which of the current squad do you think might surprise us next season?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
'Sicknote'
'Will drive him there'
'Get Rid' etc. etc.

[emoji38]ol:

Au contraire mon ami, Messi couldn't hold a candle to any Albion player missing more than 10 games.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That's been Solly's MO for the entirety of his time at the Albion.
Unfortunately that has been split by 2 big injuries, and we all know what happens to players on NSC when out with a long term injury

'Sicknote'
'Will drive him there'
'Get Rid' etc. etc.

No, it's more like the longer they're out injured, the better they get. Hence the frequent slight disappointment when they do finally actually play again.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I am less convinced. He has looked amazing a few times, but generally as a late substitute up against tiring defenders. I have been pretty unimpressed in most of the games I've seen him start. I'd suggest that he is our most over hyped player. Loads of potential though nowhere near the finished article and I will be very (pleasantly) surprised if he takes the PL by storm

Totally agree. Knockaert has enough about him - including the ability to go both ways with the ball at his feet - to make a real impact, but he's probably only mid-table Premier League standard at this point. If he really builds on his potential at the top level could genuinely be a £30m+ player at current rates. But I think March is raw and too easy to work out right now to consistently cause problems against the best teams. Can see him being the boo boys player of choice (assuming Skalak isn't playing). Look at our squad and then compare with the likes of Shaqiri and Arnautovic with all their ability and experience at mid-ranking Stoke, and you really begin to realise what we're up against. Likewise, will be absolutely delighted if I'm wrong!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Don't know whether it's expectation or hope, but we have all seen what Solly can do.

I'm hoping a full pre-season and no major Injuries will be enough for him to find the consistency that he needs. If he does, with all the press watching Knocky, I think he could be a big surprise to the rest of the league.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Don't know whether it's expectation or hope, but we have all seen what Solly can do.

I'm hoping a full pre-season and no major Injuries will be enough for him to find the consistency that he needs. If he does, with all the press watching Knocky, I think he could be a big surprise to the rest of the league.

Agree. Apart from a few freaks (Ronaldo, Messi and Best), wingers are by definition inconsistent. I have high hopes for Solly, and agree that things will be that much better with a full pre-season and, ideally, an extended run or injury-free games.

Franc46

Aug 17, 2015
I dont think we should discuss this as it can destabelise the squad. Its better to wait and see who wants to stay and who the club choose to retain. Lets just concerntrate on getting behind the team and getting the top spot at Villa tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I was talking about Norwood.

Most definitely,think i've only ever gone Blonde once,as a teenage trial years ago..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was very impressed and surprised at the manner in which Towell covered the ground and scored the goal against Crawley. I accept that they were only Lge 2 U23s but the manner in which he did it was very good and I wonder if he can make the step up needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports