Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which of our former players would you welcome back with open arms into this current squad?

Who would you love to have back at the Albion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Surely (imo) Mr White would be loath to rejoin us without special contracts for his newly shaped eyebrows and fake tan - what's that all about anyway? :(
Ben White seems to be an unusual and complex character. He plays at a very high level in a sport that he has no interest in and does not bother to watch (even when instructed to by England management). That is possibly unique in the football world.
It's anyone's guess what drives and motivates him.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
All of them except Cucurella, Sanchez and Burn and not because I don't like Burn, I just think we've moved beyond him as a player now.

A midfield three of Bissouma, Caicedo and Mac Allister is a wet dream for me! I'd also have Colwill in at CB and White in at RB. Gyokores and Trossard would be good rotation options further forward.
Yep, this for me too.

As for that midfield 3 we had it for 6 glorious games at the end of the 21/22 season. Five wins(Arsenal, spurs, Wolves, Man utd, west ham), one draw(Leeds), 14 goals scored, 3 conceded. I'm convinced that in years to come we'll look back on that combo and think holy f*** they all played for us at the same time and what could have been...

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
All of them except Cucurella, Sanchez and Burn and not because I don't like Burn, I just think we've moved beyond him as a player now.

A midfield three of Bissouma, Caicedo and Mac Allister is a wet dream for me! I'd also have Colwill in at CB and White in at RB. Gyokores and Trossard would be good rotation options further forward.
Those three would sweep all before em 😍

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Peter Ward and Nobby Horton via a time machine. Ward at his peak would be scoring 30 goals a season in this team. Nobby would solve the DM problem and chip in with 10 to 15.
This ! ... I would like to add Wayne Bridge as well.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
putting aside the fact that there's only ten of them and we would have to play 4-3-1-1, that would make quite a handy team!!!

sanchez (boo)

cucu - white - colwill - burn

biss- ali mac - caicedo

trossard

gyorkeres

not bad at all...

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
White, Biss, Ali Mac and Gyokeres yes, first three would walk straight back into our best 11, not really sure what Gyokeres is like as a player these days. Colwill also in but as a sub to begin with but he'd be the perfect long term Dunk replacement, to play alongside JPVH. Although maybe both are too aggressive (in a stepping out sense) to play together.

The others no, due to being morons or just not upto our level anymore (or in Sanchez's case, both)

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
0.9% vote for Sanchez, 6.55% for Cucurella :ROFLMAO: Speaks volumes. Cucurella in particular has been found out not to be that good. Chelsea mugged. Brilliant! Think Sanchez is just a mediocre keeper and a shitty attitude which is why we don't want him back.

MacAllister clearly a fans' favourite at 88.7%. Most of us would love him back one day.

Very surprised that Trossard is only 11.3%. He's a quality player and was quality for us. Would be really useful right now.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm almost certainly overthinking this, but aside from what their history has been, you'd have to factor in what version of the player we're talking about. Chelsea Caicedo? Fack that. Albion Caicedo? In a heartbeat. Purely based on his performances for Brighton (and putting aside all of the 'antics'), I'd have Cucu back. He was POTS, FFS! – and was genuinely outstanding the season he was here. There's no way the old 'but can he play left-back?' trope would be so strong on here, if he was still around. Like Caicedo, he's been ultimately pretty gash for Chelsea Todd and co, but him back in an Albion shirt? Yep!

If we are taking everything into consideration on the decision, the only one for me would be Ali Mac. Class act, conducted himself brilliantly before and when he left (and got the reception he deserved when he came back) and he's class. Also, I'd quite like to see how he and Joao Pedro decide on who takes the pens :lolol:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Gyokeres i think hes the only one who didn't engineer a move.
MacAllister was or his Dad was very smart so hes a hero in a lot of peoples eyes. I prefer Caicedo as he made us lots of dosh but was very naive and he's agent a sly wanklstain.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

With you with the exception of Gyokores and Trossard.

Gyokores, I will be really interested to see if he can perform in the PL, I have my doubts. Trossard was always in and out, when he’s good he was great, but also was anonymous about 40% of games.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
I was one of the few to vote for Cucurella, our player of the season a couple of years ago but now written off by most, bit surprised by that. I think he could still add to the squad.

I don't bear a grudge against anyone who left us, would welcome them back, only factor for me is if they could do a job. Burn, Trossard, Gyokeres, Sanchez are good but not our level any more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here