Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Which NSC poster is most likely to become or already is a serial killer ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
In infants school I was in class with a boy who seemed to connect to me for some reason. He was a bit volatile and one day thought it would be a laugh to give me a toffee which he had covertly added washing powder to.

I remember getting on the wrong side of him in junior school and him chasing me home and clocking me one on the door step.

He was put back a year and an old friend of mine said he was in his class. He once jumped on the teacher's back and started biffing her.

The next I heard of him was an Argus article in which he had shot someone dead in Whitehawk. I think he may have been on the run at some later stage, perhaps after another offence.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Oh and by the way I knew a Murderer who did Building jobs for Dads firm, found out many years later.

Ernie Woodward had been a Commando and away from Cheshire for 3-4 years during the War while his Wife was shagging someone else.

He was well used to killing people so when he came back he found him, took him up to the Peak District, did for him and buried him.

What was staggering to me at the time (1970's) although it was common knowledge no one local was particularly bothered about what he had done.

Don't think it was a particularly happy marriage from then on, he was a very decent builder it has to be said.

During the war ? Surely if he was convicted he would have been strung up.

So people knew about the murder and just kept their heads down ?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
During the war ? Surely if he was convicted he would have been strung up.

So people knew about the murder and just kept their heads down ?

No was it was post war after he was demobbed, apparently lots of people knew of the Boyfriend no longer being around and put 2 and 2 together but as I said Ernie was a double hard bastvrd and he had been done wrong rough justice was seen to have been done.

Amazingly he was a very gentle soul when I used to take him his morning cuppa whenever he was doing work at my Dads Site!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
In infants school I was in class with a boy who seemed to connect to me for some reason. He was a bit volatile and one day thought it would be a laugh to give me a toffee which he had covertly added washing powder to.

I remember getting on the wrong side of him in junior school and him chasing me home and clocking me one on the door step.

He was put back a year and an old friend of mine said he was in his class. He once jumped on the teacher's back and started biffing her.

The next I heard of him was an Argus article in which he had shot someone dead in Whitehawk. I think he may have been on the run at some later stage, perhaps after another offence.

Only time I got bullied was when I was about 9 or 10 and this kid about 3 years older used to really frighten me. He was obviously 'odd' because he had no friends his own year group, they were always younger. Anyway, he sort of disappeared after a couple of years. I heard he was actually adopted and had a troubled upbringing. My terror slower changed as I grew up to pity. I'd completely forgotten about him in fact, then when I was about 15 I learnt he'd committed suicide aged just 18. Terribly terribly sad. I've always remembered him since. It's funny, when you're a kid you just see a bully for what they are and are frightened of. It's not until you've grown up a fair bit that you can understand they're maybe mentally disturbed because of a traumatic childhood. I just count my blessings I was brought up in a stable home, with 2 loving parents. Older brother was/ is a psychotic ass hole mind...partly his fault I follow the Albion as well...

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Its strange how the main bullys when in school completely turn and become good friends once you leave and they actually show remorse for what they did and fill embarrassed when reminiscing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When I was going through a particularly troubled time a few years ago, I regularly dreamt that I had killed someone. I didnt know who but regularly woke up thinking I was on the run. I dreamt it so many times (and was probably a little paranoid at the time) that I started to wonder if it was actually true. Maybe it was....
Haven't had the dream for a long time thankfully.

I’ve had similar nightmares many times, sometimes the ‘Trevor Jordache’ scenario where I’ve buried the victim under a patio, later moving home and then fretting that I’ll be found out. Not exactly a relaxing night’s sleep :lolol:.

Waking to realise I’ve done nothing wrong .... relieved.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Must be unusual as two people I knew in same Year at Grammar School actually killed people.

One was Manslaughter - a Bar Fight that went seriously wrong but the other was Murder (as in knocked down someone & then drove over them repeatedly). Obviously years after we all left but was reported in the Local Rag and recognised them both..

The first guy was a bit dozy, quite violent (as in lopping stuff out of the Kippax End at Police and much football rucking) but essentially was OK.

Our murderer on the other hand had a look in his eye (and I first met up with him at 12) which was so fvcking cold you just knew he would do something psychotic - strange thing was after some initial bullying by him we got on OK, although stayed out of his way as far as possible.

Don't think we had any Nobel Prize Winners to Balance them out, but we did have most members of the Charlatans... :rock:

It must be so weird when someone you went to school with turns out to be serious criminal in later life. Don't think anyone from mine has, but one of my friends was really good mates with someone who was really a clean living normal sort of guy. Think he went into insurance or IT, anyway a placid type. He lost touch early 20's but then 5-6 years later this guy was suddenly all over the news for being busted for drugs. Turns out he'd become a proper Mr Big for cocaine import and distribution, and was a real 'catch' by Scotland yard! Mate was absolutely stunned. Couldn't quite believe he'd once been best mates with!!

One of my former teachers was done for kiddy stuff relatively recently. Was in the Argus. But best of all, one of my grandparents friends who took us swimming in the 70's was convicted 40 years later for being a peado at his school where he was a teacher, for fiddling with little boys...on swimming baths trips! 1 boy subsequently committed suicide. But we could have been amongst his victims too! He was subsequently 'struck off' when found out, that was all!! Well, that was the 70's for you. He'd also done similarly during the 1950s and was simply asked to leave that school but got new employment elsewhere. Incredible! But justice eventually caught up and he was jailed in about 2010, when he was in his early 80's. Sadly the trial was too much for one victim who committed suicide during because of the trauma it brought back.

There but for the grace of god go all of us...

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
I’ve had similar nightmares many times, sometimes the ‘Trevor Jordache’ scenario where I’ve buried the victim under a patio, later moving home and then fretting that I’ll be found out. Not exactly a relaxing night’s sleep :lolol:.

Waking to realise I’ve done nothing wrong .... relieved.

I've had virtually the same dreams, including the worry of being found out having moved house, but it's a baby I've buried! Takes a while for the feelings of guilt to subside after waking up as it feels so real at the time.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
There's some people on the "Bell Cheeses at Work" thread who could easily go full Michael Douglas in Falling Down after a couple of weeks back in the office.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've had virtually the same dreams, including the worry of being found out having moved house, but it's a baby I've buried! Takes a while for the feelings of guilt to subside after waking up as it feels so real at the time.

With those sorts of dreams, there’s a hangover for the rest of the day. I prefer winning the lottery dreams, even if you wake gutted it isn’t a reality.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Must be unusual as two people I knew in same Year at Grammar School actually killed people.
:

I won’t mention any names, but at the school I went to in Brighton one lad killed someone in a fight, this was when he was still a pupil.
Another lad killed a baby, this was only a few years after we left school.

I was reading a national newspaper and saw a story about another ex pupil that was convicted for carrying out a multi million pound burglary.

Also the author Peter James has a book with an ex police officer called Graham Bartlett called Death Comes Knocking, there is one chapter in the book about another ex pupil that committed some serious crime.

All four pupils were in the same year at my old school, these are the ones I know about.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I won’t mention any names, but at the school I went to in Brighton one lad killed someone in a fight, this was when he was still a pupil.
Another lad killed a baby, this was only a few years after we left school.

All four pupils were in the same year at my old school, these are the ones I know about.

Wasn't BHASVIC was it? I remember a lad killing his baby cousin about forty odd years ago.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
First time contributor to the thread I’m going for bn9bha on account he knows a lot of villains:whistle:

Which might explain The Ouse Valley Murders, the deceased tortured by one of these.

DB660D67-960A-4F5E-A68A-66CC3D6ACD54.png

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm getting quite adept at throwing snails a long way too. They usually smash their shells upon landing, which stops them creeping back. It's my plants v them and I'm winning.

I done that once, three weeks later I opened the door and a snail was on the doorstep he asked, "Why did you do that?"

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think you may have enjoyed Wendy more than the script. Yes, the husband was a lovely deadpan man, but the storyline was very repetitive. Poor cooking, bored housewife & her fantasies.
I did like the mini with a union flag roof.

It was filmed in Cheltenham, the house they used was next door to a friends parents and park was opposite

Carry on, as you where,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here