Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Which gender do you most identify with?

Which gender do you identify with?

• Man (Cis-gender)

Votes: 113 73.4%
  • Woman (Cis-gender)

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Trans man

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Trans woman

• Intersex

• Non-Binary

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Genderqueer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bi-gender

• Two-spirit

• Third-gender

• Pan-gender

• Gender fluid

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Omni-gender

• Gender non-conforming

• Gender-neutral

• Agender

• Gender-expansive

• Gender-void

• Other

Votes: 20 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Perhaps if they had a nice hobby they’d forget about all this crazy stuff?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Please please please shut the transfer window and kick off the f***ing season, I can't take much more of this :facepalm:

And I respectfully suggest judging from the responses, that on NSC at least, drama queen would win by a mile :lolol:

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
in 20 years we will have a load of head f***ed spangletwatts not knowing wether they are Kanye or Karen , Derek or Debbie or indeed Sertash or Shimimani , such a f***ing pointless area of niche politics.
And a certain section of society – including those who have the temerity to label people 'snowflakes' – will still be frothing at the gash about it :lolol:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"If someone had said to me a few years ago that one of the most controversial subjects I’d ever write on would be women’s freedom to assert their rights to single-sex spaces, services and sports, I’d have thought they were crazy. I wouldn’t have believed that in a mature democracy people would lose livelihoods, be kicked off degrees or be issued with unlawful police warnings after expressing the belief that sex remains materially relevant in society, a moderate and widely shared view that remains the current legal position in the UK. But the bullying tactics of campaigners who believe that the gender with which someone identifies should, without exception, override their sex, plus the lack of leadership across many big institutions, means this is where we have ended up.

The latest entry in the so-mad-you’d-barely-believe-it column is the unsuccessful attempt by the trans charity Mermaids to get LGB Alliance stripped of its charitable status, in a legal fight that has gone on for years and cost both sides hundreds of thousands of pounds. They have opposing views on sex and gender, and what constitutes appropriate healthcare for children questioning their gender.

Mermaids is an established charity – it was awarded a grant of £500,000 from the national lottery fund in 2019 – which has lobbied the NHS to make puberty blockers and cross-sex hormones available to younger children with gender dysphoria.

LGB Alliance is a fledgling “gender critical” gay rights charity that says gender identity cannot replace sex in society. It argues that being gay is a matter of same-sex (not same-gender-identity) attraction and lesbians have the right, without being called bigoted, to assert sexual boundaries that exclude males who identify as lesbians. It is also concerned that gender non-conforming young people struggling with same-sex attraction are being encouraged on to an irreversible pathway to medical transition.

So far, so normal. The charity sector has many organisations that take opposing views: anti-abortion charities co-exist alongside pro-choice ones, for example. Quite rightly: in a democratic society, it would be dangerous for the state to dictate that charitable activity must be limited to people with a sanctioned worldview.

But, as observed by the court of appeal, gender ideology campaigners are far too quick to brand anyone who disagrees as bigoted. Susie Green, until recently Mermaids’ CEO, has mischaracterised LGB Alliance as a “hate group” whose “true purpose is the denigration of trans people”. Little matter that its concerns about puberty blockers are shared by many in the medical establishment and have resulted in decision to restrict access in countries such as England, Finland and Sweden."

Full article: https://www.theguardian.com/comment...sagree-with-transgender-mermaids-lgb-alliance

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
would that be climate denialist , gammon , racist , homophobic, transphobic ,brexiteer , CJTC'S...??

some of these flakes are just plain odd snow or otherwise. o_O
Some of them might share those views, yes. But then some might not, so...

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Please please please shut the trans window and kick off the f***ing season, I can't take much more of this :facepalm:

And I respectfully suggest that judging from the responses, that on NSC at least, drama queen would win by a mile :lolol:
Edited that for you.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
CIS man
I don't mind people identifying as other things, but I think when you have 20-30% of the youths saying they are "born with the wrong gender", you have to look for reasons. Maybe cultural impact or if there is something in our environment disturbing the process. If a lot of people think they were born into the wrong gender or wrong race or wrong whatever, something has gone wrong.
I don't know if anything has "gone wrong" necessarily.

I've taken the view that we're seeing a lot more people feeling comfortable identifying as trans because we live in a much more accepting world than ever before (whilst fully acknowledging that there's a f**k of a long way to go still). It makes me wonder how many people in the 50s / 60s / 70s etc. felt they had been born in the wrong body but did not, could not, say anything about it for fear of reprisal or ostracism.

I do believe that some people might be bandwagon-ing a bit but I don't think it's many. The human condition is a wickedly complex, difficult, brilliant, bonkers thing that I tend to think that if someone feels they've been born in the wrong body then they're probably right. How the shit do I know? I'm not them.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I guess as trans becomes more common and accepted, certain sectors of society must find ever more obscure gender labels to adopt.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I don't know if anything has "gone wrong" necessarily.

I've taken the view that we're seeing a lot more people feeling comfortable identifying as trans because we live in a much more accepting world than ever before (whilst fully acknowledging that there's a f**k of a long way to go still). It makes me wonder how many people in the 50s / 60s / 70s etc. felt they had been born in the wrong body but did not, could not, say anything about it for fear of reprisal or ostracism.

I do believe that some people might be bandwagon-ing a bit but I don't think it's many. The human condition is a wickedly complex, difficult, brilliant, bonkers thing that I tend to think that if someone feels they've been born in the wrong body then they're probably right. How the shit do I know? I'm not them.
Brilliant post. I feel like the conversation around this has moved away from being understanding of how other people feel. The only way this makes sense is to accept that some people feel differently to how we feel.

I note that it is usually Cis men who find it hard to understand how other people feel. This makes sense of course but do we need to understand? I think we can just accept others feelings and support them as much as possible.

The way I understand gender is to consider that there is a spectrum of manliness (and womanliness of course) many men are more blokey than me and some are less. We don't all sit at the same level of manliness. Being a Cis male isn't one thing it is many on a scale.

If you can see this then it isn't much of a leap to accept some of those other genders being given a name.

I can't understand the trans thing because I don't have those feelings . . . However I don't need to I just need to accept that others feel that way.

All the rest is bullshit whitenoise made by people who are not affected by it.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I would prefer it if Mustafa would tell us how many of the 19 choices , he and his Islamic friends would accept.
My personal view, is that we should accept them all, people should be free to identify as whatever they want as long as it doesn't affect others negatively.

Where I draw the line is when they start getting children involved with this discussion, or where it starts to affect the safety of women and girls.

It seems apparent that older people here struggle to differentiate between sex and gender - there are only two sexes, there can't be any debate over that, it is the most binary thing in the world and it's scientific biological fact. Gender though, has now been established to be an infinite spectrum based purely on how one feels, whether we agree with it or not.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
One day (hopefully) society will look back on these times and see that saying things like “Cis males don’t understand other people as much” is prejudiced in the extreme.

In the scramble to appear more understanding than the rest, people show their complete lack of understanding and indeed, their innate prejudice.

I identify as a git.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here