Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Which gender do you most identify with?

Which gender do you identify with?

• Man (Cis-gender)

Votes: 113 73.4%
  • Woman (Cis-gender)

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Trans man

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Trans woman

• Intersex

• Non-Binary

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Genderqueer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bi-gender

• Two-spirit

• Third-gender

• Pan-gender

• Gender fluid

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Omni-gender

• Gender non-conforming

• Gender-neutral

• Agender

• Gender-expansive

• Gender-void

• Other

Votes: 20 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Stop talking crap.

Nobody said to ban anything, you're the only one who brought that word up.
:lolol:

You are an angry little man.

You said

"The kids are brainwashed by social media, that isn't controlled by any of the people you mentioned

I don't like adults who push their sexual ideologies onto children."

If you don't want that banned then what's your answer? Yelling at a cloud?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

So why on earth would learning about gender make anyone change theirs. It doesnt. What it does do is inform, and provide reasons for how people are feeling, it gives (hopefuly) understanding to others about things they dont understand. WTF is wrong with that. Your world wont be any different if you call a person by a different pronoun, but you may just change someone elses for the better

Those that say there is a gay or trans agenda are right- the agenda is simply to be treated with respect, not get bullied, not get discriminated against, not be forced to live a lie- how disgusting and subversive is that
what you say is sensible. there's the next step, is someone uncomftable with their natural gender happy with alternative pronouns and clothing, or do they seek options to physically change through hormones and surgery? should we accept that, even encourage that for adolescents? there is another problem, that women are not happy about men coming into their space, metaphorically and literally. we have a clash of rights that both groups cant win, thats where the bullying and discrimination is really kicking in.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
:lolol:

You are an angry little man.

You said

"The kids are brainwashed by social media, that isn't controlled by any of the people you mentioned

I don't like adults who push their sexual ideologies onto children."

If you don't want that banned then what's your answer? Yelling at a cloud?

Not angry and not little :)

The answer is simple, let people be who they want to be, just don't expect everyone else to believe in their nonsense and keep it to yourself.

Let the majority decide what is and isn't acceptable.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
what you say is sensible. there's the next step, is someone uncomftable with their natural gender happy with alternative pronouns and clothing, or do they seek options to physically change through hormones and surgery? should we accept that, even encourage that for adolescents? there is another problem, that women are not happy about men coming into their space, metaphorically and literally. we have a clash of rights that both groups cant win, thats where the bullying and discrimination is really kicking in.

I’ve noticed in quite a number of places I’ve been recently that instead of men’s toilets and women’s toilets, each toilet has both male and female signs on. Each cubicle has been designed for a single person to be in at a time and is self-contained with its own sink and hand dryer. It seems an elegant solution to me, that could be retrofitted at any point bathrooms next come up for refurbishment and cause absolutely no inconvenience to anyone.

Again, changing rooms could be similarly structured. Everyone gets their privacy in a cubicle, nobody sees anything that makes them uncomfortable.

It strikes me that again, it’s possible that this has become unnecessarily hyped as a political cause, when the reality is prosaic and rather unexciting. Nobody ever kept people angry with the word ‘cubicles’.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I was born male.

After that I do not need a label, unlike a very small minority with real world problems, and the rest of the attention seekers.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The kids are brainwashed by social media
Have you seen any social media these days? It's hardly what I would call left wing, its much more right-wing and very socially conservative, I guess it depends on what you define as the centre though.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Have you seen any social media these days? It's hardly what I would call left wing, its much more right-wing and very socially conservative, I guess it depends on what you define as the centre though.

I have.

Twitter is the only social media platform where there's more of a right leaning slant now.

Youtube is a mixed bag.

Tik Tok isn't right-wing, nor is Instagram, nor is Snapchat, nor Twitch.

These are the biggest platforms younger people use.

chickens

NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I was born male.

After that I do not need a label, unlike a very small minority with real world problems, and the rest of the attention seekers.

Understood, and here’s the thing, nobody’s arguing with you. You just come across as unnecessarily defensive.

Nobody is insisting that you identify in any way that you don’t want to. Nobody is trying to change you or how you live.

I strongly suspect that if anyone who is actually getting wound up about this stuff tried to think back to the last time they were challenged on any of this in the real world, they wouldn’t have a single example to fall back on.

Somebody is trying to keep you wound up and distracted by this stuff, and I promise you it isn’t the trans community.

Most of the people who are actually affected by gender issues are just trying to live their lives, not change yours.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Understood, and here’s the thing, nobody’s arguing with you. You just come across as unnecessarily defensive.

Nobody is insisting that you identify in any way that you don’t want to. Nobody is trying to change you or how you live.

I strongly suspect that if anyone who is actually getting wound up about this stuff tried to think back to the last time they were challenged on any of this in the real world, they wouldn’t have a single example to fall back on.

Somebody is trying to keep you wound up and distracted by this stuff, and I promise you it isn’t the trans community.

Most of the people who are actually affected by gender issues are just trying to live their lives, not change yours.

People are insisting biological men should be allowed to be in biologicals women's spaces and just accept them as "women".

This is very problematic for many people.

Have you seen what some of these trans "women" look like and how they act towards real women who challenge them in their spaces?

chickens

NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
People are insisting biological men should be allowed to be in biologicals women's spaces and just accept them as "women".

Have you seen what some of these trans "women" look like and how they act towards real women who challenge them in their spaces?

Can’t watch this vid atm, as in a public space with no headphones, will watch and comment on it specifically later. However, even without watching it, what I can say is predatory behaviour and/or harassment is predatory behaviour or harassment, regardless of gender identity, and socially unacceptable across the board. Somebody behaving inappropriately needs to be called out and potentially removed regardless of their biology or gender identity.

The universal rule of don’t be a creepy scumbag applies in all social situations and across all sexes and gender identities. It’s not specific to any one group in society more or less than others.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The majority are in favour of a woman's right to choose. The US Republicans seem less interested in empowering the majority when it disagrees with them. The amount of work done to try to ensure that the majority wanting to elect Democrats doesn't impact upon Republicans being elected has been absolutely criminal.

This thread was always destined for The Bear Pit. I'd suggest that it's probaby time. I'm out.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I have.

Twitter is the only social media platform where there's more of a right leaning slant now.

Youtube is a mixed bag.

Tik Tok isn't right-wing, nor is Instagram, nor is Snapchat, nor Twitch.

These are the biggest platforms younger people use.
Those platforms have content created by their users, which would suggest that the majority of young people aren't right wing. That's how it's been forever.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Can’t watch this vid atm, as in a public space with no headphones, will watch and comment on it specifically later. However, even without watching it, what I can say is predatory behaviour and/or harassment is predatory behaviour or harassment, regardless of gender identity, and socially unacceptable across the board. Somebody behaving inappropriately needs to be called out and potentially removed regardless of their biology or gender identity.

The universal rule of don’t be a creepy scumbag applies in all social situations and across all sexes and gender identities. It’s not specific to any one group in society more or less than others.

The problem is for many women any man in their private spaces would be seen as creepy and unsettling.

The other problem is there's people out there pushing to allow biological men to be any space biological women consider a no-man zone. Regardless of how the women feel.

Any biological man who wants to do that is creepy by nature.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not angry and not little :)

The answer is simple, let people be who they want to be, just don't expect everyone else to believe in their nonsense and keep it to yourself.

Based on the countless comments you've made on the US politics threads, you could take a leaf out of your own book there... :thumbsup:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Based on the countless comments you've made on the US politics threads, you could take a leaf out of your own book there... :thumbsup:

And yet there's still dullards out there who think Russia-gate was an actual thing.

That thread must be a gold mine for the people who got sucked in by that nonsense :lolol:

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
The problem is for many women any man in their private spaces would be seen as creepy and unsettling.

The other problem is there's people out there pushing to allow biological men to be any space biological women consider a no-man zone. Regardless of how the women feel.

Any biological man who wants to do that is creepy by nature.
I think that any person who wants to use gender as a tool for whatever such actions is horrific, but I wouldn't consider this to be representative of all trans people.
Many have worked out (or are still trying to work out) their gender identity, for several reasons such as belonging, security or destiny.
In a world that is ever-changing, adaption is needed and with that top political figures like the Government have to find ways of suitably changing different facilities (e.g. toilets/changing rooms) to satisfy everyone - and this will likely take a lot of time.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
And yet there's still dullards out there who think Russia-gate was an actual thing.

That thread must be a gold mine for the people who got sucked in by that nonsense :lolol:
There you go again!

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here