Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Film Scene has got you. I mean REALLY got you ?

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I remember some sixty or more years ago being very upset at the death of Bambi's mum, more recently, the death scene of Jean Valjean in Les Miserables.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Some good shouts on this thread. I think we've got most of the bases covered apart from this one glaring omission.......

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The scene in Debbie Does Dallas when Bambi Woods realises she doesn't have the money to go to Texas to try out for the 'Cowgirls' and has to earn it by doing certain chores. I didn't have a dry eye for the rest of the film after that. Luckily it all turned out alright with the generous contributions of Mr Greenfield.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
For me, it's the early 70s sci fi film Silent Running.
It's about a botanist on a space station who is in charge of the last of earths plant life, ends up killing himself.
Very grim story for a Disney film...
Dunno what it is, maybe it's a strong reminder of being a really young kid when I first saw it, but when I saw it again in the mid 90s (I was about 25), it destroyed me. I couldn't get a grip for a couple or more hours.
I still can't watch it now.

Although I don't remember it making me that sad I have always remembered that film for some reason. Think I must have seen it at about the same age as yourself and then again in my twenties and it's always stayed with me.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
lots of stuff, but the odd one that really gets me is this scene in Spirited Away when Chihiro is eating and then starts blubbing. Dunno why, it gets me every time.

Could only find a polish 'fan dub'!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Six pages in and no-one's mentioned the end of The Railway Children ("Daddy, my Daddy").

Gets me every time

That and the beginning of Up, of course.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
The first time I ever blubbed in the cinema was at the end of E.T. That still chokes me up.

But the "playing catch with dad" ending to Field of Dreams is a guaranteed tearjerker for me...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here