Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where would you want your ashes dispersed?

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
My Grandad's ashes were scattered over the Goldstone ground in about 1962 :(

I am a bit of a traditionalist so I would like to be buried as a corpse . Then I hope to make an appearance on Time Team in about 600 years time :)

In a rocket/firework and blasted out over the sea. Way to go.
Such rocket launches are regular (and very moving) occurrences in Lewes on the fifth of November.

But one on the most poignant events I've ever attended was the illegal scattering of the ashes of a guy called Sean Black who, for many years, had worked as a blacksmith in the forge at Pyecombe, which is immediately opposite Pyecombe Churchyard. Because it is a churchyard, its use for burials and similar ceremonies is regulated by the Church authorities (and their decisions have the force of law in England) - and, many years earlier, they had decided to close it to newcomers. But Sean was insistent that he wanted his ashes buried at a spot that he had spent many years looking at. And that's what happened. A small but secret gathering of friends and family, after dark, to grant his wish, by doing something that we all knew was ... important ... and very naughty.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I would like to be scattered at sea, that's where everything ends up eventually anyway.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think it's in my will to have my ashes scattered into the sea. Not really bothered whether from the beach or from a boat, just as long as they make it into the water….

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
At the Amex for me, so I'll always be among friends & family every match day.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I thinking of changing my location from the Devil Dyke to the Himalayan glade at Wakehurst and I might put a bench in so I can put splinters in any palace fans sitting on it. One of my favourite places in Sussex even though they now charging for parking!

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Next to Archer, I'd make his death a misery

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here