Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where would you move to in sussex?

If you had to relocate to one of these which would you choose?

• Total voters

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Newhaven. Zero risk of snow, ever.
1666983269653.jpeg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Crawley. A lot more central. Hastings has its merits, but it's a bit 'out the way' for me.
This.

A resident of Hastings collected an eBay purchase from us last week, he said he dreads the drive to Brighton as it can take up to 2 hours. Awful all the way to Beddingham.

I’d hate being that distant from Brighton, plus easy access to London is a must for us.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Town centre needs razing to the ground and starting again IMHO - crap place in a great location. I rarely venture into town, live on the outskirts. H Heath is no better.
Are there any serious plans to redo the town centre?

With the population growing exponentially (NE side just now), I would’ve thought something would happen. Crawley town centre was completely transformed between say 1985 and now.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As someone said back in 2005

I like Hastings, it's got a bit of character. Reminds me of Brighton a few years back when it was a bit run down, before it got overrun by DFLs.
And despite the DFLs highlighted in your post, I still have a soft spot for Hastings (y)

And there's still a few very good Musos knocking round Hastings

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I’m not sure I’d describe Gerry Rafferty as rocking round Hastings these days. 😁
See if you can spot the constant through that video and these

They're still knocking round Hastings, a little older, but still very healthy and very talented :wink:

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I’m not sure I’d describe Gerry Rafferty as rocking round Hastings these days. 😁
Hastings will be always close to moi, as my family all come from there.
It's always been an enigma, but still does have its gems.
This London thing is strange TBH, as I know that in a new housing estate built in Sidley, has had a lot of Londoners move there, through the Notting Hill housing association for example.
Some don't like it down south and have moved back to the big smoke.
Life is too slow basically :shrug:

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Neither appeal to me, but If I had to pick out of the two, would have to be Crawley as easier to get to the Amex and away games.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Are there any serious plans to redo the town centre?

With the population growing exponentially (NE side just now), I would’ve thought something would happen. Crawley town centre was completely transformed between say 1985 and now.
Given up trying to make sense of the ‘redevelopment‘ plans. No idea if they’ll ever happen

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here