Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Where will you be watching the England Euro Final?

Where will you be watching the Euro Final?

• At home with family/friends

Votes: 80 46.2%
  • At someone elses home with friends/family

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • In the pub

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Social Club

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I'm a lucky sod and I'm going to Wem-ber-lee

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • At a fan park

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll be listening on the wireless

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I won't be watching or listening

Votes: 60 34.7%

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
2022/23 WSL Season Tickets are now on sale.

Season ticket prices are just £49 for adults and £19 for Under 18s and Over 65s.

Your season ticket will guarantee you entry to all 11 Barclays FA Women’s Super League matches, as well as now including both Continental Cup and FA Cup fixtures up to, and including, the quarter finals of each competition.

As with the 2022/23 season, the majority of games will be played at The People's Pension Stadium (Crawley FC's Ground), however at least two fixtures will be played at the American Express Community Stadium, home of Brighton & Hove Albion.

https://tickets.brightonandhovealbion.com/en-gb/categories/women

Great value for money, especially for children and the over 65s who are getting in for under 2 quid, including 2 games at the Amex.

Let's hope there's a good response with the Euros success and visibility.

I'll wait till they open up the seats in WSU, it that's OK :thumbsup:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It isn't what follows that's bollocks. Its the initial post. And the more what follows isn't bollocks he more he's laughing at everyone.

It's called trolling :shrug:

TBH Harry, I've given up on Crodo intentions. Sometimes I'm interested in his cleverness and sometimes I'm not. The trouble is, that with this issue, it doesn't matter what Crodo is doing for himself, it's a debate that needs to be had.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
TBH Harry, I've given up on Crodo intentions. Sometimes I'm interested in his cleverness and sometimes I'm not. The trouble is, that with this issue, it doesn't matter what Crodo is doing for himself, it's a debate that needs to be had.

But the “debate” he started is ‘where are you watching it’ and the answer “I’m not” has been deemed socially unacceptable. All very Social Media and a little disturbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
But the “debate” he started is ‘where are you watching it’ and the answer “I’m not” has been deemed socially unacceptable. All very Social Media and a little disturbing.

I did notice the last option on the poll “I won’t be watching or listening” I was going to vote this and comment but I don’t want to upset anyone. :moo: :smile:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

The answer “I’m not” is, I would have thought, perfectly acceptable. I can’t imagine the tv viewing figures will be 100% of the population minus those in Wembley.

What I don’t find acceptable is the constant sneering and belittling, and this constant need to view the womens football achievements or the size of crowds etc through the prism of mens football for it somehow to have any legitimacy.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Good to see the first 2 WSL Brighton games are going to be played at the Amex to try and keep some momentum going

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Not really GB. I argue that certain posters couldn't wait to say they weren't watching it. Off the back of a great footballing achievement for England it would be obtuse at worst and naive at best to think that their intent wasn't anything other than to stir debate.

I'm not at all sure what 'all very social media' even means in this context.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I am pleased to read this, because every time [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] posts I expect to disagree with everything he says.

Again, he has not disappointed me.

I find the comparisons to the men's game, in terms of quality, utterly irrelevant. The physiology of the female gender means that there are few sports where they could compete on an equal basis.

The woman's game is coming on in leaps and bounds, and this tournament has been excellent entertainment. My wife has been watching it, and that doesn't happen often.

The legacy that this tournament could leave is massive. Girls are going to see that football is not just for boys. Let's celebrate that, eh?

It's just fine that women want to play football. Hope they enjoy it. I am not personally interested in watching football matches equal to the quality of non-league.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The answer “I’m not” is, I would have thought, perfectly acceptable. I can’t imagine the tv viewing figures will be 100% of the population minus those in Wembley.

What I don’t find acceptable is the constant sneering and belittling, and this constant need to view the womens football achievements or the size of crowds etc through the prism of mens football for it somehow to have any legitimacy.

I have no problem with people who don't want to watch as they're not interested. Fair enough. I have no interest in golf, tennis or motor racing and I wouldn't watch those sports if you paid me. But the 'prism' of men's football is what the detractors use. They say how the women's game is slow and weak with rubbish goalkeepers and that the best players wouldn't last five minutes in a men's Sunday League game. All that maybe true - but it's totally irrelevant. You can't look at it through the prism of the men's game. As a spectacle these Euros have been the equal of any male football tournament. It's been brilliant and those of us who like women's football have thoroughly enjoyed it, and if we lose on Sunday I will be as gutted as I was when the men lost against Italy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am not personally interested in watching football matches equal to the quality of non-league.

I guess you haven’t been a Brighton fan for very long then?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

In some cases, yes. I would say that personally I'm not bothered if people aren't interested, that's their choice. That said, for the women's game (as with other things), it's the relentless follow up and denigration of it as a sport because in your opinion it's sub-standard and not worth your* time. I don't understand why people who don't like something can't just be quietly disinterested, rather than going out of their way to make it clear to anyone who'll listen that "it's rubbish" etc

*I refer to a general "you", not you specifically

Jul 7, 2003
I rarely watch the England mens team these days as the games are not interesting.

However, I have enjoyed watching the women's team playing and will be watching on Sunday.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
…As a spectacle these Euros have been the equal of any male football tournament. It's been brilliant and those of us who like women's football have thoroughly enjoyed it, and if we lose on Sunday I will be as gutted as I was when the men lost against Italy.

I agree that the spectacle has been brilliant, and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed watching the games I have. I watched last night’s game to see the quality of who we’ll be playing on Sunday - I fear for us; Germany’s high intensity press will cause us shed loads of problems, imo. They also cheat (a bit - that blatant dive for a pen; she should have been booked), and are dirty (at least one pretty orange card challenge).

Where I disagree is how I’ll react if we lose. I’ll be disappointed in a slightly abstract way, and will regret not seeing the full extent of the growth in the women’s game that would follow a win (though I think it’s already going to get a decent kick start), but I won’t feel anywhere near the level of personal disappointment as I did when the men lost to Italy. I’m just not invested to the same degree.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Having said that I probably won't watch, now that it's against 8 time winners Germany, the possibility and resulting pleasure of beating them has spiked my interest considerably :smile:

As an aside whenever I see the England coach she puts me in mind of a solicitor about to give me some bad news.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I agree that the spectacle has been brilliant, and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed watching the games I have. I watched last night’s game to see the quality of who we’ll be playing on Sunday - I fear for us; Germany’s high intensity press will cause us shed loads of problems, imo. They also cheat (a bit - that blatant dive for a pen; she should have been booked), and are dirty (at least one pretty orange card challenge).

Where I disagree is how I’ll react if we lose. I’ll be disappointed in a slightly abstract way, and will regret not seeing the full extent of the growth in the women’s game that would follow a win (though I think it’s already going to get a decent kick start), but I won’t feel anywhere near the level of personal disappointment as I did when the men lost to Italy. I’m just not invested to the same degree.

I'd pretty much agree with all of this, except to say that I wasn't that disappointed when we lost to Italy. I would have liked us to win but when we didn't, I was over it in about 5 minutes .

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I'd pretty much agree with all of this, except to say that I wasn't that disappointed when we lost to Italy. I would have liked us to win but when we didn't, I was over it in about 5 minutes .

Don’t get me wrong; I’m not massively invested in England men either - just considerably more than the women.

Something like (for proper competitions, not friendlies)

Albion men 20/20
England men (10/20)
England women (4/20)
Albion women (1/20)
[Darts (0/20)]

What watching the England women games has done though has made me think ‘hmm. I really ought to get along to a home Albion women’s game (the seagullesses?)’. I’ll probably give it a go this season.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Same. I remember at the time realising that losing a final didn't hurt anywhere near as much as losing a semi

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Same. I remember at the time realising that losing a final didn't hurt anywhere near as much as losing a semi

The problem with losing a semi these days is that you’re never quite sure if you’ll get another. It’s the hope that kills you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here