Where will YOU be sitting?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where do you intend to sit at Falmer?

• North

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • South (an option purely for Palace fans!)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • East

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • West

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Okay, maybe this has been done to death before? I really dont know - but I cant see it has been mentioned over the past 6 months or so?

The Falmer posts recently have got me excited about what is to come, and got me thinking - where is everyone intending to sit? North, South, East or West?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
What the club needs to do is release a season ticket that reserves people a ticket, but not a specific seat, for the first 4 games, so people can choose where suits them best (3 stands + 2 tiers on West Stand) before getting a season ticket seat

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
What the club needs to do is release a season ticket that reserves people a ticket, but not a specific seat, for the first 5 games, so people can choose where suits them best (4 stands + 2 tiers on West Stand) before getting a season ticket seat

Thats a very good idea I have to say. Ive always assumed I will go for the North, but seeing the size of the stand, and being all seater of course, wonder if it will ever be a patch on the old North stand

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The big'un.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
What the club needs to do is release a season ticket that reserves people a ticket, but not a specific seat, for the first 4 games, so people can choose where suits them best (3 stands + 2 tiers on West Stand) before getting a season ticket seat

Good idea. :)

Maybe there could be some sort of coloured sticker for seats already taken?

Hard hat days and ramp up events could be beneficial to this idea.

Last edited:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009

Thats very good, that.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Completely unfeasible though. There are the hard hat days + pre season for that.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
When they were re-building Wembley, they had on their website a feature where you could scroll through a CGI panoramic 360 degree view from EVERY one of the 90 000 seats, when they were trying to sell ten year 'licences' for the individual seats. Obviously it doesn't allow for Fred the Fascist sitting next to you should you bagsy a particular seat without a recce :ohmy:

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I will not be attending Falmer, as I am against the project, and its destruction of the South Downs.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have they not said that they are going to organise stadium visits so that prospective season ticket holders can walk around the various sides to see which view they want and subsequently reserve a seat in that section.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Completely unfeasible though. There are the hard hat days + pre season for that.

You won't know much about atmosphere though, which is integral to some people's matchday experience.

Don't see why it's unfeasible either?
Just put the option on the season ticket order form to choose a stand for the first 4 games, with an agreement to purchase a season ticket in their preferred stand after the four games are up.

Simple?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
But surely if everyone did that for the first 4 home games at Falmer, you aren't going to get a good idea of the atmosphere in that stand as the majority of those people aren't going to be sitting there anymore as they are doing the same thing as you! :shrug:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
But surely if everyone did that for the first 4 home games at Falmer, you aren't going to get a good idea of the atmosphere in that stand as the majority of those people aren't going to be sitting there anymore as they are doing the same thing as you! :shrug:

That is a fair point I suppose. I guess there's also an issue if the idea is so popular that everyone wants to do it. :lolol:

To be fair, I don't think the club will do anything like it, I can't imagine they'd want to spend time on a project like it, they'll just want to take the money.

I guess we'll just have to have several friendlies, which is a shame as it'll make the first league game a bit less special. Would be a shame if we go the same way as Cardiff and don't even sell out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports