Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where will the 2250 unused seats be for Palace?

My guess is that E1A, E1B and E1C (SE Corner) will be totally sterile for segregation, as will half of S1H.

I am also guessing that the new NW Middle Tier (The Shelf) will not be used.

Does anyone who knows what these areas hold able to confirm these figures?

Or does anyone else think he 2250 empties will be elsewhere?

Going forward, I hope we can get this sorted as empty seats looks shit. I don't think you can get a fiercer rivalry that Spurs v Arsenal, yet they had just one or two lines of stewards between fans and not an empty seat on show.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
The reason is the stadiums safety certificate is current only 28,500. i hate empty seats too, almost as much as i hate not knowing how many seats are left for sale for this fixture in northstand corners

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
My guess is that E1A, E1B and E1C (SE Corner) will be totally sterile for segregation, as will half of S1H.

I am also guessing that the new NW Middle Tier (The Shelf) will not be used.

Does anyone who knows what these areas hold able to confirm these figures?

Or does anyone else think he 2250 empties will be elsewhere?

Going forward, I hope we can get this sorted as empty seats looks shit. I don't think you can get a fiercer rivalry that Spurs v Arsenal, yet they had just one or two lines of stewards between fans and not an empty seat on show.

That's the north end of the east stand...

But all the SE corner went on sale (some still now I believe). There won't be thousands of seats of segregation like there is at Selhurst. Just look at the gap between the Spurs and Arsenal fans yesterday!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The reason is the stadiums safety certificate is current only 28,500. i hate empty seats too, almost as much as i hate not knowing how many seats are left for sale for this fixture in northstand corners

But I thought that was being increased in time for the Palace game?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
why do we need so much segregation, the north london derby yesterday has none, one row of stewards, that was it both sides.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Why would he shelf not be used?? Surely a prime chance for more income.

Cakey86

Oct 1, 2012
Got two for the north west corner this morning and the bloke in the ticket office said only the north corners remain. So would say it looks to be either side of the away fans are where all the empty seats will be along with some new 1901 seats.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
why do we need so much segregation, the north london derby yesterday has none, one row of stewards, that was it both sides.

This. If the amount of segregation we have for every game (a bit of cloth and stewards lining it if it gets heated) works normally including games like Millwall and Leeds so why do we need thsi much more for Palace. All they need is a few more stewards and police officers then normal. It just seems like a lot of possible revenue lost by having this many empty seats.

Why would he shelf not be used?? Surely a prime chance for more income.

Simply because we are only allowed 28500, which is 2250 below capacity, and I was speculating areas that would not be used. This seemed a good choice as it has not been used at all yet.

Shame they can't get the safety certificate up before tho

I have not seen the SE corners offered for sale at all on this game.

I have also not seen the new N1A or N1B offered. These are the new NW corner, nearer to the West Stand. Maybe these are yet to go on sale.

There is still a choice of seats in ESL (S1B) and NE and NW corners.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
you have overlooked the fact that Palaces singing is ferocious :whistle:

Yep, those high pitched verses of 'The Wheels on the Bus' really cut me to the core,..... shiverrr

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
how many seats in the shelf ?? 300 ??? so that leaves around 1000 either side of the away end free ??

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Slightly related: a chap at work just spoke to me having seen the brief highlights of our game on TV at the weekend.

He asked why there were so few people there.

I previously wasn't bothered about the empty seats that spill around the SE corner when most clubs visit us, but I am now. To the uneducated observer, the Amex looks like nearly every other sparsely populated Championship ground.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Slightly related: a chap at work just spoke to me having seen the brief highlights of our game on TV at the weekend.

I previously wasn't bothered about the empty seats that spill around the SE corner when most clubs visit us, but I am now. To the uneducated observer, the Amex looks like nearly every other sparsely populated Championship ground.

and it will be worse next season, because these empty 'away' seat will all be behind the goal.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Very much this. Was watching the FLS with a housemate, he said the ground looked half empty, because of the SE and NE corners. I quickly pointed out that there were actually ~25,000 there :facepalm:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Been asked three times by different people why it looked so empty.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Is it really the safety certificate ??? I know it was arranged in a few hours to get one in place for the NE corner during the week before the Arsenal game so, with the Palce game still 13 days away it should be easy to get it sorted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here