Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
At work in London

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i was 23 and at work, still there now, i remember my boss popping home and coming back and telling us that a plane had crashed into the towers, still cant believe that was 10 years ago

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I was on holiday, and house sitting for my sister. I went back home (to my parents) and as soon as I opened the door I was shouted at. I went in the lounge and Dad just pointed at the TV.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Playing golf at Hollingbury. Walked into the Long Man, on Carden Ave for a pint afterwards, to find everyone staring at the TVs. About 5 mins later the second plane hit.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
I was 16 and had been at college in exams all day, and hadnt heard a whisper. The went to Withdean for the Southampton Carling Cup game and it was literally like a library.

When i got home and saw it on the news shock just took over. Even watching it now i still cant believe that this happened.

RIP

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I was on the A23 on my way to B Hill when I heard about it.
Phoned the wife up to tell her. 3 hours later when I got home she was still watching the news.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
I was 8 at school, we got sent home and I watched it on the news with my mum.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
26 years old in Houston Texas, with my fiance. Little did I know she would die 4 months later. This event always brings me back to those times.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I was at my daughters 14th Birthday party. Everyone was so engrossed in the images on the TV that I took my Daughter out of the house so her memory of being 14 wasn't pollouted

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
At work at a 24 hour travel emergencies services department. Chilling phone calls, I had to advise a relative that the plane her cousin was on was 'missing'. At one point in the hysteria six planes were missing. Amazingly got through to a good friend in the City early who was in the immediate vicinity and accounted for. I could then concentrate on my calls. She woke next morning to find papers from the towers drifting in the breeze outside her door in Brooklyn. Another friend was due to visit the viewing deck but missed the whole event due to a hangover.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Was off work that day, 36 at the time and watched in disbelief before I managed, quite surprisingly, to phone through to New York State to ask my friend if she was ok. Her husband was in the FDNY and had come off duty at 8am that morning, when he found out he tried to turn back but they had sealed off NYC and he couldn't get in.

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
I was driving from South Wales to Brighton to see us play Southampton in the League Cup. Somehow the game didn't seem relevant by the time kick-off came.

Russ

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
I must have been 9 years old, Got back from school and saw mother glued to the tele. Amazing how it hit even as a 9 year old at the time. Was pretty bleak rest of the week at school. Would have thought it'd be hard to remember, but it only seems like a couple of years ago.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ironically, I was in History at school. The headteacher came into the class, took the teacher outside to tell her what had happened and then she came back in the room, crying, and said that we were to just read a textbook. Had English after that, the teacher put on a film, told us to watch it and then left the room. None of us knew what was going on, and it wasn't until the following day when I was out delivering the newspapers that it struck me, what had happened. Even so, it was only a few years ago when the true scale of the disaster struck home, I didn't appreciate the size of attack fully. I know all in the ins and outs of what happened that day, but I'm still always glued to the documentary programmes, and I've specifically booked off the sunday to watch the History channel basically all day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here