Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Where should Deniz Undav go for a kebab?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Our gregarious German says he kind find any decent scran in Brighton, in particular kebabs, Turkish food and sausages.

Where would you recommend he go?

(Interview with him in Gross in the Mail)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Sini on Hove St for Turkish.
German Doner Kebab on North St, unsurprisingly for German doners

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Only one place in this town shirley?

101_508629557.jpg

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I went to Ephesus on Preston Street years ago. Remember that being decent. We need to send him a list of places.

If I were an enterprising restaurateur, I'd been inviting for dinner asap.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Sini on Hove St for Turkish.
German Doner Kebab on North St, unsurprisingly for German doners
Went to the one in Birmingham a couple of times when I was up there for an event with friends.

Second time one of the friends was Austrian and thought the kebab was shit so make of that what you will.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
My Coffee Story on St James' Street is Turkish run and does a delicious sucuk sandwich, I'd imagine if he spoke to them he'd be able to get some decent Cypriot sausages.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Hackney init! Otherwise always loved Uncle Jim's in Worthing. When he opened 30 years ago he was the only kebab shop in Worthing and I'd grab a kebab after watching Uncle John's Band, then grab another on Shoreham High street before returning home. Now there's at least 4 places to buy a kebab within a minutes walk of Uncle Jim's. However, if Deniz really wants a proper kebab he needs to go to Dalston or Green Lanes. The Germans make a different kebab to either English or Turkish and they're springing up all over the place.

Jul 7, 2003
Hackney init! Otherwise always loved Uncle Jim's in Worthing. When he opened 30 years ago he was the only kebab shop in Worthing and I'd grab a kebab after watching Uncle John's Band, then grab another on Shoreham High street before returning home. Now there's at least 4 places to buy a kebab within a minutes walk of Uncle Jim's. However, if Deniz really wants a proper kebab he needs to go to Dalston or Green Lanes. The Germans make a different kebab to either English or Turkish and they're springing up all over the place.
Uncle Jim’s has been open for much longer than that. Used to go there in the mid 80s.

I believe the original owner used to set these up, run them for a while and then sell them on to another member of the Turkish community. Worthing was the last one before they retired.

It is still run by the same family who took it over from the original owner. The dad has stepped down now but it is run by his son in law. It is a little embarrassing that I have known him longer than my wife and I’ve been married for nearly 27 years! He does come to the Amex occasionally with me and two of his kids are Albion fans - the other supports Arsenal.

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
He can go to a Greek restaurant, as well. The Greek Cypriot diplomat whose Ottoman History university course I took in the early 90s said it was basically the same cuisine after some 400 years of intimate cohabitation between Turks and Greeks (although each nation will, of course, beg to differ).

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Last decent Kebab I had was in Munich in fact the best Kebabs are to be had in Germany or Turkey and they are nothing like the ones served up herein the UK

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
He can go to a Greek restaurant, as well. The Greek Cypriot diplomat whose Ottoman History university course I took in the early 90s said it was basically the same cuisine after some 400 years of intimate cohabitation between Turks and Greeks (although each nation will, of course, beg to differ).

Without the pork!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here